AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265018 - 05/28/09 01:15 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yawn...

Oh, and MORE stable?

You mean, it didn't used to be? And that now it isn't COMPLETELY stable, either?

If I'm on a gig, it has to be ROCK solid. Period.

BTW, is it still completely outside Lionstracs' budget to hire someone that can demonstrate these features in a way that makes sense to MUSICIANS (you know, your target market ) rather than to computer geeks..? Someone that can play, someone that can speak well, someone that can communicate WHY this stuff is so important?

Oh, and maybe someone that can make it sound MUSICAL, too... You know, just in case someone wanted to do more than widdle around on random presets.

If Lionstracs were hiring an outside marketing consulting firm, you would have probable cause for a lawsuit, but this is you doing it to yourselves If I didn't think the product had potential, I wouldn't care, but it saddens me to see such promise whizzed away with such lackluster marketing. Do you for one minute think that Korg or Yamaha would demonstrate a feature like this so amateurishly?

You want to run with the big dogs, you want to BE a big dog, you have to bark and howl like a big dog. Not whimper and moan like this. For Pete's sake, hire someone that knows how to market and promote a product...

#265019 - 05/28/09 01:59 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265020 - 05/28/09 02:20 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265021 - 05/28/09 02:34 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

My G70 was bomb-proof from day one. Bugs were not dealbreakers like instability and out of sync waves.

My styles played perfectly, and I was able to gig with it from the day I got it.

There are bugs, and there are BUGS...

#265022 - 05/28/09 02:50 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

#265023 - 05/28/09 04:06 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
AFG give up...there only 2 rules with Diki..

1: Diki is ALWAYS right

2: When Diki is wrong, refer to rule 1

#265024 - 05/28/09 10:18 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Maybe the difference is, I don't post about something unless I do feel right? Is there any POINT posting if you aren't? I know you are CONVINCED about your point... You want to explain the difference, Dennis?

I don't know about the VA76... missed that whole generation. Variphrase always felt like a gimmick, of little use for the live, gigging player (too long to load), not enough like a sample, not enough like a loop player, some half assed version of both.

I simply believe that first and foremost, an arranger is a LIVE tool. OK, you CAN use it in the studio, but that's not what it is styled or voiced for. Playing live is it's main reason. Instability is OUT. Sorry about the wave sync thing, I'm just lumping this together with the Audya as products that aren't ready to gig when you buy them. The MS has been out how long? And it has still stability issues?

Anyone who uses computers to power VSTi's knows about the issue of CPU overload, stability issues and the like. So a 'live' product must go out of it's way IF it is based on a CPU/PC architecture. Sure, that adds some considerable benefits, but the other side of the coin is the dynamic nature of CPU load when triggering VSTi's. Plus the CPU is running the entire arranger/live loop/audio file playback...

Closed systems have their drawbacks. But stability is not one of them. If it says it will play 128 voices, it will play 128 voices. No matter WHAT else you are doing. Perfect for live play. In the studio, you can afford to bring your computer to its' knees. Simply render one or two VSTi's and the problem goes away. An ALL live, ALL VSTi system has none of those protections. It HAS to play those voices. No matter WHAT.

Answer me this, Dennis. Are you pushing your MS hard? Running multiple VSTi's all at the same time? Demanding ones like Pianoteq3, etc.? Until you bump the ceiling, how do you know?

You know, I might NOT be right all the time. But I AM willing to talk about issues like this, from a perspective of having used PC/CPU based instruments since they basically were first invented. Is my opinion invalid since I don't own an MS? I own a bunch of VSTi's... that doesn't count?

Anyway, back OT... what do YOU think of those videos, Dennis? Would you buy an arranger based on those? Oh, my bad... you already DID. But answer me this... Do they make a compelling argument to buy an MS to the non-MS owner?

#265025 - 05/28/09 10:55 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Hey Diki,

I hope you got the wink at the end of my post...

As for the vids, nah I wouldn't buy off them directly, but they would give me pause for thought as to what the hell this keyboard was all about...To be fair to Dom I do not think they were designed for marketing purposes, I think they are more designed as instructional vids.. Well at at least I HOPE they are not for marketing purposes .

The MS is a GREAT VST and media player...and I have had 10 VST's running at the same time. It handles this part of the operation with ease. I suspect it could run a couple more small ones as well.

I have had to look further afield now though, as I have now been waiting 4 months for operational functions that SHOULD have been working when I bought it but to this day still don't. In its present state it is not a really a live keyboard for a OMB. If I was in a band, it would be perfect.

As I have always said this is a Muse Receptor on steroids. But as for the other stuff, it has not lived up to expectations I'm afraid. It is way too awkward to use in any live situation (OMB wise I mean).

#265026 - 05/28/09 10:59 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Oh yeah, I forgot, as for stability its not too bad. Its a long way from rock solid and this I suspect has more to do with teh fatc it is primarily software driven (vst's etc etc).

Like one really annoying thing is sometimes you ahve to turn it on an off about three times before you actually get sound. This is down to what they call in Linux the JACK output configuration tool. Sometimes it just doesn't wanna play .. BUT when it does fire up it is usually okay, although I have to say, the slightest software issue can send it into a tailspin requireing a restart/reboot.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online