Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#263153 - 05/14/09 08:09 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
When the Bose L1 (formerly PAS) first came out, what looked like a Half Stack version was noticed behind Paul which he was, presumably, using as a monitor. That may have been what you saw, or he may have the new compact L1. However, weight is not an issue for Paul. His gear never moves.

Eddie

Ya know I really couldn't tell, I kinda thought it might be a half stack of L1. But then I figured not only does he not move his stuff he probably doesn't pay for it either so Bose might have given him one.
But like I said I couldn't tell and thanks for telling me I didn't know about the half stack sighting earlier. I don't watch Letterman very often but I just happened to be flipping and saw Bose.

#263154 - 05/14/09 08:22 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

The future is cloudy for the 61 key Audya...buy a Tyros3 instead...so says the Swami.

Now that's "TRUE" Wisdom & advice.......

#263155 - 05/14/09 11:04 AM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Well we used a stereo double Bose house System on Mother's Day for two shows......nice

Used our own Single Bose system last night for another show....just as nice.

Some of the same people came to both shows and I asked them if they noticed any difference in the sound.

As I expected they said no, both shows were great sounding. Surprisingly I felt just as confident about my performance in both shows.

No one does not need two Bose Systems unless they find their performances won't stand on their own with just one.

(I guess that would make 4 Bose systems 4X as good.....Hmmmmmmm just how much better will we be with SIX Bose systems....)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263156 - 05/14/09 02:08 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have decided several things from this thread...

Firstly, apparently, the rest of you are capable of bringing the tone of this forum down without ANY help on my part. Shame on you, Donny... surely these's a FEW more you can blame for your inability to lift this forum higher than it is?

Secondly, I am going to go home and sell one speaker out of each of my stereo speaker sets. Apparently, I don't need them. I have been considering going back to recording to wax cylinders, or maybe I'll go techno and use mono 78's. Apparently, the progress in audio over the last 70 years has all been in vain...

I will also start to consider my audiences neither deserving of my best, nor capable of recognizing it when it IS given. That should catapult me to the forefront of entertainment right there...

Next stop... a karaoke tour! Finally, I'll be able to hold my head up here and not consider myself unworthy in the eyes of all you 'experts'

#263157 - 05/14/09 02:39 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:

One member has an L1 and a Compact, tried them in stereo, but will buy another Compact instead of adjusting the volumes of what he already owns (wish I had that luxury).

CASSP, it's not a luxury, it's my BUSINESS.
Whatever I think I need or want to keep me performing well is what I will get. Another $1,000. investment in my business can be justified at this time, and it is tax deductible as well.
Two Compact systems will be quicker to set up and easier to carry than one of the originals. Also, I sold my spare Classic L1 system to pay for the new Compact.
I don't have to have inventory or employee expense as many businesses do, but I do want the best equipment I can find.
Same thing goes for the Audya. It probably won't make me any more money, but it will keep me fresh and interested and on top of the game. At my age, this gear I'm getting now could well be the last I buy.
Of course I said that 20 years ago too.
DonM

#263158 - 05/14/09 02:46 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
DonM

Just about everything being said on this forum right now might have that quote appended, Don...! Or at least as far back as I can get the 'search' engine to provide results

#263159 - 05/14/09 04:56 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My granddad gave me some sound advice on his deathbed...

"It's worth spending money on good speakers," he told me.

#263160 - 05/14/09 05:40 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
My granddad gave me some sound advice on his deathbed...

"It's worth spending money on good speakers," he told me.

"It's worth spending money on good speakers"
-Yung Fu Chang. CEO, Podium Enterprises
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263161 - 05/14/09 06:29 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
"It's worth spending money on good speakers"
-Yung Fu Chang. CEO, Podium Enterprises

While I played the CrabTrap Wednesday night..at least 3 other performers (that also play the CrabTrap) stopped by...each of them were amazed..what they heard from just a pair of 802's...300 plus patrons..

I guess I can revamp that saying.."spend a little money on good speakers"..works too..

#263162 - 05/14/09 07:43 PM Re: Bose compact vs Podium 802's vs Logitech Z5500
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
CASSP, it's not a luxury, it's my BUSINESS.
Whatever I think I need or want to keep me performing well is what I will get. Another $1,000. investment in my business can be justified at this time, and it is tax deductible as well.
Two Compact systems will be quicker to set up and easier to carry than one of the originals. Also, I sold my spare Classic L1 system to pay for the new Compact.
I don't have to have inventory or employee expense as many businesses do, but I do want the best equipment I can find.
Same thing goes for the Audya. It probably won't make me any more money, but it will keep me fresh and interested and on top of the game. At my age, this gear I'm getting now could well be the last I buy.
DonM

I agree with everything you say, Don. And I expected to hear from you regarding my comment. I'm just jealous that I can't do the equipment thing like I used to. So, I was just thinking out loud that if I had an L1 and a Compact, that would pretty much do it for me. But you keep doing what you're doing; it works for you.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online