SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
#258233 - 03/01/09 04:13 PM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Very nice demo with your band. As far as the Audya, those drums are WOW. They sound so real. Good luck with your Audya.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 03-01-2009).]

#258234 - 03/01/09 04:19 PM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanks for sharing you session..........would love to hear more of the Audya then just LH chords...maybe next time.

I'm not sure, Donny, but you DID notice two guitarists and a bass player?

To be honest, I am not sure she was PLAYING anything at all... First song, I think I saw her RH go down and play a note or two once or twice, and certainly couldn't HEAR anything come out. Second song, nothing at all. As upfront as the drums were in the mix, you would have thought that you might be able to hear SOME keys if they were being played.

Not that there's anything wrong with this, necessarily (she was acting as the drummer, in a way!), but I have a feeling that the Audya, at least for now, is mainly the drummer...

#258235 - 03/01/09 05:14 PM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Dnj Offline

Diki I was going to say the same thing also ...what was the audya actually doing?
BUT, my LH view was distracted by some eye candy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-01-2009).]

#258236 - 03/01/09 10:19 PM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Chevy Offline

Loc: Norway
Hello

My wife is playing the Audya. She is playing the chords on the left hand. The videos is put up for you to demonstrate the annoying autofills. That is why she is not plaing on the right hand and that is also why i have put the drums so loud in the mix.

#258237 - 03/02/09 01:05 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Chevy
I think this is a matter of personal taste but, I think the drums volume is the optimal (not overly loud). And about the fills, how often do you play with a skilled drummer? they fill all the time (and sometimes in annoying ways), actually I think those little fills make it sound so real and natural. One of the things I hate playing with arrangers (I own a Tyros2) is the repetitive patterns and fills that sound so robotic and boring.
I'm not trying to justify the Audya, just what I heard on the video all the times I saw it.
I think the Audya compliments your band very, very well
Please, MORE!!!
Jo

#258238 - 03/02/09 05:21 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I suppose the main question is, are those pickups actually programmed into the variation loop itself (and hence not switchable at all), or are they part of the so-called 'Style Intelligence' and defeatable.

I have the audio loops on my hard disk (got them from the Audya when I had it at home), and opening them with Audition as raw PCM files shows that these autofills are programmed in the loops (usually every 4 or 8 measures).

#258239 - 03/02/09 06:17 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chevy:
Hello

My wife is playing the Audya. She is playing the chords on the left hand. The videos is put up for you to demonstrate the annoying autofills. That is why she is not playing on the right hand and that is also why i have put the drums so loud in the mix.

Thanx for the clarification.....your a lucky man. A Beautiful wife & an AUDYA also!!!!
Hope to hear more from your group in the future....btw can't you shut off the autofills?

Tak Care

#258240 - 03/02/09 11:02 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Diki Offline

Yeah, Chevy.... How does one man get so lucky?

No offense intended. It was a rehearsal, and I'm sure that it would be fuller at the gig...

I don't know if you have tried one yet, but if the Audya's quirks eventually put you off of using it, give the Roland G70/E80 a try. At least for drums, it comes closer than anything else out there to that degree of liveness, but without the fills recorded into the styles (as mrdave has found out for us) and with the ability to reprogram and edit easily if you need it.

I have turned styles that were wrong for a song into the correct beat by as little as moving a kick drum here, a snare drum there. I'm afraid that the Audya won't give you that, at least on the Live Drums loops.

Yes, the Audya's drums sound exceptional (the Live Drum ones), but unless they are a PERFECT fit, you are going to have to put up with the style creator's beat whether it works or not. Maybe they will be sufficient for you, maybe not...

#258241 - 03/02/09 11:09 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Diki Offline

And Jose... You need to work with better drummers! I don't know many that will put a crash in the middle of a verse, especially when playing quiet sidestick beat..

The issue isn't really whether there are pickups or not. The issue is that they are pre-programmed at four or eight bar intervals. Whether the music follows this or not. Get off of that structure, and now the drummer is playing pickups at REALLY wrong places....

I am surprised that, after Ketron went to all the trouble to develop an AI that is supposed to figure out what you are doing from what YOU play, they then go ahead and record drum loops that do stuff that doesn't listen to you at all!

#258242 - 03/02/09 11:42 AM Re: I have the Audya in my studio.
Chevy Offline

Loc: Norway
Hello y'all

Here is a another song for you. On this song the fills fits perfectly.

The mic is connected to the Audya.

Remember: Just me testing the Ketron Audya keyboard. I`m not a keyboard player, but a guitarist. Audya is really fun playing on. Cant keep my hands off it. It`s just like heaving the whole band playing along with you. The drums are just fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVZrUsiakP0

More on it`s way.

Martin

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online