SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#257711 - 02/21/09 09:23 AM Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Everyone and Happy 2009! I have wanted to play “Rio De Janeiro Blue” for a long, long time. Love that song! Last Sunday I got off my arse and recorded my own backing track using the T2. I was able to get the groove that I wanted from the T2 style I was using. I added right hand electric piano fills to complete the track. Once I had the backing track together, I loaded it into Cubase and then broke out my curvie soprano sax to play the lead. If you are interested in hearing how the T2 track turned out, you can check it out here:
http://jamwave.com/saxyguy

Still getting my feet wet w/Cubase, and so far I like that software (though it has froze on me a time or two). Hope y'all like what you hear.

I have been tempted to go w/the T3, but I still really love the Tyros 2. By the way, I am not sure of the source name of the style I used, since I had it re-named to the title of the tune. But, when I check the properties for it, it has “S577” appended to the style name.

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend everyone!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#257712 - 02/21/09 09:50 AM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
Dnj Offline

Randy KILLER baby!!!
Great stuff I really enjoyed it.....
that Tyros 2 will never let ya down......
I love the way you blow man!

Excellent!

Thanks for adding some happiness to my day!

#257713 - 02/21/09 10:29 AM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
What great performance.
The T2 background was excellent but the sax was still better.
Bravo!
Chico

#257714 - 02/21/09 11:00 AM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Very nice.

chas

#257715 - 02/21/09 11:02 AM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
saxxman Offline

Guys - thanks very much for the kind remarks! I wish I had more time to play my saxes and keyboards. Someday soon I will indeed retire from my day job and start focusing on the really fun stuff.

In the interim, hanging out here has offered me plenty of inspiration as well as a great education! SZ is a great community!

Thanks again guys for listening and your comments.

PS - I also put a video together which features pics of Rio De Janeiro. It's on my web site at the following link:
http://www.saxyguy.com/Saxman_s_Videos.html

Have a great weekend!
Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 02-21-2009).]

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#257716 - 02/21/09 11:45 AM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
Dnj Offline

Randy.....after listening to this your
"DAY JOB" should be MUSIC

#257717 - 02/21/09 12:01 PM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
saxxman Offline

Donny - coming from a pro like you, I definitely appreciate it! A couple years ago, I was playing in a really cool jazz bar here in Destin and some friends who I hadn't seen in years were there listening w/my wife. On my break, one of my visiting friends said "when are you going to stop doing this?"... HA HA. Some people just don't get it. I told them that's what I can't wait to START doing.

I still remember the days in the Air Force Band... wow...what a gig. All we did was play music - ok, we rode around on a big comfy bus and played thousands of hands of "Hearts" and "Spades". HA HA. I still have a tinge of regret for giving that up. But now I'm focusing on trying to be well rounded enough to be a OMB, since being just a sax player in today's economy is a tough road. I'm starting to work on vocals now too...so I am planning to keep goin' at it as long as the good Lord's willing and the Gulf of Mexico doesn't rise.

Thanks again! I do deeply love playing music and my desire is that it shows.

Like it does w/you guys!

Randy

#257718 - 02/21/09 12:41 PM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Randy...
I clicked. I played. I listened.
It was FAN-TAS-TIC.

Would love to hear more....and maybe you could post a vocal when you are ready.

Eddie

#257719 - 02/21/09 12:47 PM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
saxxman Offline

Hey Eddie - thanks so much! My biggest problem right now (isn't it always) is time. But I am glued to the goodies in my little "music shack" most every minute I'm free. Even pretty much gave up the fishing because I actually enjoy the music more.

I am striving to do the arranger, vocals, and sax. I am on a few websites now including YouTube and I have my own website at www.saxyguy.com where there is some more stuff as well.

I'll definitely be looking for assistance from y'all when I get my vocal thing going too! Thanks again!

Randy

#257720 - 02/21/09 01:04 PM Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sounds great, Randy...

We've REALLY got to get together some time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online