Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue

Posted by: saxxman

Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 09:23 AM

Hi Everyone and Happy 2009! I have wanted to play “Rio De Janeiro Blue” for a long, long time. Love that song! Last Sunday I got off my arse and recorded my own backing track using the T2. I was able to get the groove that I wanted from the T2 style I was using. I added right hand electric piano fills to complete the track. Once I had the backing track together, I loaded it into Cubase and then broke out my curvie soprano sax to play the lead. If you are interested in hearing how the T2 track turned out, you can check it out here:
http://jamwave.com/saxyguy

Still getting my feet wet w/Cubase, and so far I like that software (though it has froze on me a time or two). Hope y'all like what you hear.

I have been tempted to go w/the T3, but I still really love the Tyros 2. By the way, I am not sure of the source name of the style I used, since I had it re-named to the title of the tune. But, when I check the properties for it, it has “S577” appended to the style name.

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend everyone!

Randy
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 09:50 AM

Randy KILLER baby!!!
Great stuff I really enjoyed it.....
that Tyros 2 will never let ya down......
I love the way you blow man!

Excellent!

Thanks for adding some happiness to my day!
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 10:29 AM

What great performance.
The T2 background was excellent but the sax was still better.
Bravo!
Chico
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 11:00 AM

Very nice.

chas

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 11:02 AM

Guys - thanks very much for the kind remarks! I wish I had more time to play my saxes and keyboards. Someday soon I will indeed retire from my day job and start focusing on the really fun stuff.

In the interim, hanging out here has offered me plenty of inspiration as well as a great education! SZ is a great community!

Thanks again guys for listening and your comments.

PS - I also put a video together which features pics of Rio De Janeiro. It's on my web site at the following link:
http://www.saxyguy.com/Saxman_s_Videos.html

Have a great weekend!
Randy

[This message has been edited by saxxman (edited 02-21-2009).]

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 11:45 AM

Randy.....after listening to this your
"DAY JOB" should be MUSIC

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 12:01 PM

Donny - coming from a pro like you, I definitely appreciate it! A couple years ago, I was playing in a really cool jazz bar here in Destin and some friends who I hadn't seen in years were there listening w/my wife. On my break, one of my visiting friends said "when are you going to stop doing this?"... HA HA. Some people just don't get it. I told them that's what I can't wait to START doing.

I still remember the days in the Air Force Band... wow...what a gig. All we did was play music - ok, we rode around on a big comfy bus and played thousands of hands of "Hearts" and "Spades". HA HA. I still have a tinge of regret for giving that up. But now I'm focusing on trying to be well rounded enough to be a OMB, since being just a sax player in today's economy is a tough road. I'm starting to work on vocals now too...so I am planning to keep goin' at it as long as the good Lord's willing and the Gulf of Mexico doesn't rise.

Thanks again! I do deeply love playing music and my desire is that it shows.

Like it does w/you guys!

Randy
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 12:41 PM

Randy...
I clicked. I played. I listened.
It was FAN-TAS-TIC.

Would love to hear more....and maybe you could post a vocal when you are ready.

Eddie

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 12:47 PM

Hey Eddie - thanks so much! My biggest problem right now (isn't it always) is time. But I am glued to the goodies in my little "music shack" most every minute I'm free. Even pretty much gave up the fishing because I actually enjoy the music more.

I am striving to do the arranger, vocals, and sax. I am on a few websites now including YouTube and I have my own website at www.saxyguy.com where there is some more stuff as well.

I'll definitely be looking for assistance from y'all when I get my vocal thing going too! Thanks again!

Randy
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 01:04 PM

Sounds great, Randy...

We've REALLY got to get together some time!

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 01:20 PM

Diki - thanks very much! I hope one of these days we do get to start collaborating! I like playin' in my room a lot, but I like playin' in public a whole lot more! I did a solo gig last Saturday night at Baytowne Wharf and it went well. Almost rained me out (that happened at Xmas).

I would definitely welcome the opportunity! Thanks again and enjoy the weekend. I have a gig tonight w/Ronnie Levine somewhere in Navarre (not sure where yet!).

Let's work something out!
Randy

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sounds great, Randy...

We've REALLY got to get together some time!

You Destin boyz gotta set up a jam ....& bring your video camera too! maybe you two can do some gigs also could be a perfect match!

Good luck
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 01:52 PM

Say Hi to Ronny for me... he's a great (and funny!) guy.

I played a few gigs with him last year.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 02-21-2009).]

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 02:09 PM

Hey Diki - yeah - Ron is a great player and a very nice guy. Found out where we're playing - a Mardi Gras party at a private residence out there.

I'll tell him you said "hi". Enjoy the weekend!

Talk to y'all soon!
Randy
Posted by: KeithB

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 02:11 PM

By the way Randy, the S577 isn't anything particular to a style. It is Yamaha's system of recording the icon that comes up on your keyboard screen with the style. It can be changed to anything else (with suitable software). Thanks for your post, it is a joy.
Keith
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 03:38 PM

Great rendition of one of my favorite songs, Randy.

Thanks,

Gary
Posted by: spalding

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/21/09 04:46 PM

This is great music plain and simple and very well mixed

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-21-2009).]
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/22/09 03:25 AM

Randy Wonderful piece of music, I think Donny's on to something, " This should be your day job."
Posted by: Songman55

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/22/09 04:09 AM

Hi Randy,

Great song! My favorite kind of music. I'm going to be in the Destin area this summer. I'll have to look you up.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/22/09 07:17 AM

Hey Guys - thanks again for all the kind words! Doin' my part to keep the sax dream alive while working to be marketable. The good news is that it's all so much fun!

I owe a large part of my motivation to get going on the arrangers and to be more versatile to the folks on this forum. Thanks to you all for confirming that with dedication and desire comes musical reward.

Wishing everyone on here a prosperous and safe 2009!

PS - Joe, when you get down this way, definitely give us a holler!

Randy
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/22/09 09:17 AM

Randy ... GREAT STUFF!!!!! You definitely have "smooth jazz artist" written all over you ... one of my favorite songs too ...
Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs on your site ...
thnx for sharing ...
t.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Tyros 2 In Backing Track Mode - Rio De Janeiro Blue - 02/23/09 09:06 AM

Just the stuff I expected from you Bro. Randy Crawford lives right up the road. I've played this with her a few years ago.

You're a pro with great taste...ALL THE WAY!

Russ