SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#255088 - 01/31/09 12:19 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Its an Arranger. You buy it for Arrangements and styles. Yamaha has the most support in that regard. Thousands of styles available.

Voices are subjective, editing is easy if you know whatever keyboard one is using.

The Tyros is the Best, the most supported,has fanatical customer support, the most available, has an expandable voice set, Up to date re memory schemes USB 2, ATA off the shelf drive (apparently any size as a friend just dropped a $55 160Gig notebook drive in his T2 and it sees all of it), and has the most Styles available which I believe is the most important thing in an Arranger...Support, technical. customer, and software. Yamaha is Everywhere as well. Any Yamaha Piano or MI dealer can help you.

Disclaimer. I sell the Yamaha and Korg and have no experience with Roland's G70 and Ketron sounds good but local support is hard to find so I did not consider it. I owned a PA2x and sold it and bought the T3. Its a keeper. I use it solely for song writing via a DAW.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-31-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#255089 - 01/31/09 12:37 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
one, two, Cha Cha Cha

dump out the urinals.....
theres a Pissin contest a brewin'

That word "BEST" does it every time!

Naw, everyone is open to their opinions and that's why I asked the question. I want real life opinions from you guys. You all use these boards regularly. Keep in mind Demos on the web are subjective and can be enhanced in every way imaginable to make the product desirable.

I'm only asking to take the laws of averages here and making a final decision from that stand point.

As far as features, I read about the features on all these boards. I think I know almost as much of the features as someone who actually uses them. I do my research.

I have edited my original post to have a better idea of where I'm going with this post. Yes,I can listen to demos, (and I have on all boards) but you can't get the reaction of audiences from demos.

------------------
Vince Mistretta

[This message has been edited by vin5451 (edited 01-31-2009).]

#255090 - 01/31/09 12:43 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I've got to agree that you are asking a question which ONLY YOU can answer... You can go to the manufacturer sites, and listen to the best it can be played (mostly!), tweaked and polished to perfection.

Listen to all four (Y, K R & Ktron) and decide for YOURSELF what sounds the most real. Then go to the user sites, and listen to a bunch of user demos. How real do THEY make it? Now, you've got a pretty good idea...

But, be careful. You are actually deciding which ones sound LESS fake, not MORE real Things are getting better, but I still don't think we've got to the point where anyone would ever be totally fooled. Perhaps the Audya gets closer in the rhythm section, but it's still a long way from completely convincing anyone it's REAL....

#255091 - 01/31/09 01:31 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

The Tyros is the Best, the most supported,has fanatical customer support, the most available, has an expandable voice set, Up to date re memory schemes USB 2, ATA off the shelf drive (apparently any size as a friend just dropped a $55 160Gig notebook drive in his T2 and it sees all of it), and has the most Styles available which I believe is the most important thing in an Arranger...Support, technical. customer, and software. Yamaha is Everywhere as well. Any Yamaha Piano or MI dealer can help you.

Ditto.

#255092 - 01/31/09 03:55 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
one, two, Cha Cha Cha

Is anyone else finding this hackneyed phrase as annoying as I do. Seems like there are a few people that are just standing around waiting to 'plug it in' at every opportunity. Every discussion that evokes a variety of opinion isn't necessarily a 'pissin' contest'. It's like someone dropping a crumb on the floor and someone yells out 'food fight!'. At the very least, come up with a new phrase. I hate Cha Cha anyway.

Grumpy in Atlanta,

chas

#255093 - 01/31/09 04:45 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Is anyone else finding this hackneyed phrase as annoying as I do. Seems like there are a few people that are just standing around waiting to 'plug it in' at every opportunity.

I think the phrase may be a secret code among those afflicted with cranial-rectal inversion disorder.

Ian

#255094 - 01/31/09 04:48 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Is anyone else finding this hackneyed phrase as annoying as I do. Seems like there are a few people that are just standing around waiting to 'plug it in' at every opportunity. Every discussion that evokes a variety of opinion isn't necessarily a 'pissin' contest'. It's like someone dropping a crumb on the floor and someone yells out 'food fight!'. At the very least, come up with a new phrase. I hate Cha Cha anyway.

Grumpy in Atlanta,

chas

hey Grumpy.....

The famous Joe Ayala's coined phrase
"One Two Cha Cha Cha" is definitly the cure all for all Pissin' contests & as you know here is the birthplace of them all.....it's like a "Refresh Button" that resets thinking and makes people sit back & say .....WHAT?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha-cha-cha_(dance)

#255095 - 01/31/09 05:44 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
Tryggve Offline

Loc: Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by vin5451:
Ok all, this may be a provocative question here and I may get various different opinions. It may really have been asked before but it's easiest to ask here and now.

As a stand point of all the most recent arranger boards (keep in mind the usability to someone playing the board without sight), which of them has been found to have the most realistic voicing and styles? Many of you have tried most on the market currently, but I'm asking for an objective opinion.

This opinions should be based on the reactions you have received from your audiences. Of the boards you have tried, which one gave you the feeling that your audience really felt there was a true to life sounding band and not just a bunch of instruments being played together at the same time? Which board gave the most realism in it's styles without going in and tweaking the hell out of each?

Yes Tyros 2 and 3 are very usable, but are the styles better and is it more realistic in a live situation?

G-70, E-60 - though the touch screen is a hinderance, my discussion with Fran back in December clued me to thinking it may be usable by someone without sight, but realism better than other options?

Korgs touch screens are way out of question here since no logical method but Realism?

And then there's the Ketron SD and the new board coming out. Yes, there is interest by AJ to make it accessible, but thoughts of its' realism against the others?

Then again, is there any board which has pc based acccessible editors which can be used to make those pesky tweeks to fine tune things to get that sound? Even though software is available from some of the manufactureres, it usually is not usable by assistive technology (screen readers). Any third party editors for any of these boards like there are for the Motif boards?

Yes, I could buy each board and try it out, but having capital to do so is a problem so need to really focus on one overall and work with it from that point. Most of these boards are not available locally in the South Florida area - well at least not in the West Palm area.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vince

Right hand sound
1/ Tyros 3 (Audya I hope)
2/ Tyros 2
3/ PA2X
4/.....
5/.......
6/ G70 way after

Arranger side

1/ PA2X (Audya I hope)
2/ Tyros 3
3/ Tyros 2
4/ G70
Have had them all,not the Audya.Hope it will
come to Sweden soon.I`ll buy it right away.
The best KB to manover...T3 and PA2X.
The Audya PA2X G70 has 76 keys...five stars.
All IMO //Tryggve

#255096 - 01/31/09 06:14 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
The famous Joe Ayala's coined phrase
"One Two Cha Cha Cha" is definitly the cure all for all Pissin' contests

Strange...it doesn't seem to be effective here on SZ...perhaps it's more apposite on the Latin American Dance forums.

#255097 - 01/31/09 06:48 AM Re: Best Voicing Arranger??
Dnj Offline

Oh Ian you are sooooooo wrong my northern buddy...... if it wasn't effective then why are we talking about it, don't take everything so literaly....read between the lines

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online