Ok all, this may be a provocative question here and I may get various different opinions. It may really have been asked before but it's easiest to ask here and now.

As a stand point of all the most recent arranger boards (keep in mind the usability to someone playing the board without sight), which of them has been found to have the most realistic voicing and styles? Many of you have tried most on the market currently, but I'm asking for an objective opinion.

This opinions should be based on the reactions you have received from your audiences. Of the boards you have tried, which one gave you the feeling that your audience really felt there was a true to life sounding band and not just a bunch of instruments being played together at the same time? Which board gave the most realism in it's styles without going in and tweaking the hell out of each?

Yes Tyros 2 and 3 are very usable, but are the styles better and is it more realistic in a live situation?

G-70, E-60 - though the touch screen is a hinderance, my discussion with Fran back in December clued me to thinking it may be usable by someone without sight, but realism better than other options?

Korgs touch screens are way out of question here since no logical method but Realism?

And then there's the Ketron SD and the new board coming out. Yes, there is interest by AJ to make it accessible, but thoughts of its' realism against the others?

Then again, is there any board which has pc based acccessible editors which can be used to make those pesky tweeks to fine tune things to get that sound? Even though software is available from some of the manufactureres, it usually is not usable by assistive technology (screen readers). Any third party editors for any of these boards like there are for the Motif boards?

Yes, I could buy each board and try it out, but having capital to do so is a problem so need to really focus on one overall and work with it from that point. Most of these boards are not available locally in the South Florida area - well at least not in the West Palm area.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vince

------------------
Vince Mistretta

[This message has been edited by vin5451 (edited 01-31-2009).]