Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#245808 - 10/26/08 01:44 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
I dont understand what you mean dikki. What if they did what ?

If i believed that this persons post was genuine i would apologise without hesitation . I dont believe this post is genuine.

And that's it, in a nutshell...

You are basically calling the poster a liar.

Just because she holds views differently to yours.

I don't see anything that PROVES she's has any other agenda than what she posted. Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned. But I was raised to believe what others say unless shown proof otherwise. Not to assume that anything I hear that I don't agree with MUST be a lie until proved otherwise.

But it illustrates how badly things have gotten, IMO.

"Everyone's a liar, except me and you... and I don't trust you one little bit!"

#245809 - 10/26/08 01:54 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

When the time is ample debate will be endless.

Use time wisely. It is a resource we never get back.

Have a nice day!
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#245810 - 10/26/08 04:21 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I agree with Diki... Spalding with all do respect.., what Diki said is exactly how I saw your responses. You basically take the position that the person is a liar until they prove to you otherwise.., even though they've given you no reason to think so.

Just because a person doesn't have 100+ posts doesn't make their opinions any less valuable than the next guy. With all do respect Spalding it's posts like yours and others that keep some members as lurkers. Some of us get specific questions in direct email from lurkers because they're afraid to post here as they've seen so many new comers get attacked.

Again, the problem is this "prove yourself" position that so many take here. You say anything that others disagree with, but rather than agree to just disagree it goes on and on and on. Then you end up with 4 pages of bickering.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-26-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245811 - 10/26/08 04:28 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i dont know what planet you are on Dikki. I have no issue with people having different views to me or you. If you read that in my posts i am surprised. Read up around what trolls do how they behave and how they post hit and run on forums such as this. I have said that strongly suspect Class Act is a Troll. It has nothing to do with anyone having different views to me. And so you dont somehow misunderstand me, i am saying taht i dont believe the posters represented views are genuine because of the circumstances of the post. This could easily be rebutted by the very people she asked on this forum not to disclose her identity . The dad that is a regular here and Mr spencer (funny how she not scared revealing anyone else identity but not her own) could have easily vindicated his daughter without disclosing her identity or their own . I find it strange that the only people not vouching for her are the people who genuinely could But the people vouching for her are people who could not !

You can take everyone at their word if you want to Diki. I think its admirable. I have lived a little and when someone spins me a story that smells bad i say it stinks , i dont pretty it up. If you were class Acts dad or a friend wouldnt you have said something by now...... I have explained precisley why is suspect Class Act to be a Troll and it is not because she has a differnet opinion to me. Read my posts (if you wish) and you wll see my position clearly .

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 10-26-2008).]

#245812 - 10/26/08 04:55 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm sorry, but just because the poster preferred an older, familiar arranger over the latest Yamaha wunderkind doesn't mean that they are a troll...

Ask all the people playing Technics, or older Ketrons, Soltons, Roland's, Korg's, etc., etc..

Are they ALL trolls?

#245813 - 10/26/08 04:56 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Spalding.., read your last post again. Can you not see the arrogance and ignorance in that response? Seriously put yourself in ClassAct's position man.

Why in the world should she have to justify herself to you or ANY other member on this forum?

Class Act basically said she tried the Tyros 3 didn't like it and stuck with her PSR-8000. So what if she said she thinks the 8000 sounds better. Last time I checked sound quality is a very subjective topic. It may be hard for you to swallow that someone prefers the sound of the 8000 over the T3.., but why can't you just take it as that? She didn't bash the T3.

You then insult this member by suggesting she's a troll. Get over yourself Spalding. Once again...,you prove how arrogant and ignorant this place can be. She doesn't owe you any explanation at all. If you can't accept it.., that's your problem.., but to suggest she's a troll is flat out IGNORANT.

As long as new-comers are met with responses like yours Spalding this forums members will continue to dwindle and more members will just become lurkers. You're not the Zone-Cop. You don't have the right to demand members prove themselves to you.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#245814 - 10/26/08 05:10 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Your right . I am not the Zone Cop. Neither are either you or diki with respect. If i have behaved out of order, report me to Nigel and i am happy to discuss with him whatever aspects of my posts he has a problem with as i am with you and Diki .I will take whatever reprimand he hands out. Class Act does not have to prove herself to me or anyone. I said that already in my previous posts. I am not going to explain myself again when what i wrote and why i wrote it is clear to see. But we are not going to agree on this. I can live with that.

#245815 - 02/07/09 09:38 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
rsm2000e Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I have played 2 gigs this week with my Tyros 3 using only the factory default settings. It is not the best solution - but it sure is not horrible. Tonight I found time to explore the EQ and CMP settings and you won't believe what you can get out of this keyboard! I am using M-Audio BX5a speakers - not a lot of power - but enough for my needs. I can't imagine anyone faulting this keyboard on sound quality.

Hammer

Well, I've had my T3 for less than 48 hours, and it's definitely messed up. The organ voices have mega-distortion if DSP switch is ON (as it is by default). If I turn OFF DSP, the distortion goes away.

I think I just have either a bad DSP chip or motherboard.

Yes, I notice the problem with the OTS buttons and the right-hand voices are improper levels OTB... that's a major irritant.

When it works, this thing is god-like in its sound, and I just want one that works. I am asking Yami to swap me out for a "good unit" since this once was so sick brand-new OTB.

*********** happy news - operator error! ******
I spoke with Steve D. at Yami and duh, those 'distorted' organ voices were designed that way to be 'ballsy' for rock songs! Once I recognized the idea, it made sense, and in fact I use those default voices quite often in lieu of a "gruff" synth, the gruff organ voices are actually pretty cool

However, you can edit the sounds if you don't like the gravely organ voices...

Someone on this board told me how to edit the individual voice parameters, and sure enough, my 'distorted voices' were easily resolved by pressing the VOICE SET button and then changing some of the parameters to reduce the overdrive on the organ sounds!

The two voices were ProgRockOrgan and
Rock Rotary. Once I reduced the OFFSET on each of these and saved them as USER voices, my problems disappeared.

Steve D. reminded me that many folks have been clamoring for some time for tougher, edgier organ voices, and not every sound will appeal to every end-user... the idea is to find the sounds you enjoy and want to use, and modify the ones you don't... or add more!

One thing the marketing folks might consider is to let potential purchasers in on the 'big secret' that not every voicing will be something YOU (the buyer) want, but the idea is to buy an A/W with as many great sounds as you can find, the Tyros 3 fulfills that for me, big time.

The problem with a board in the range of the T3 is that a person's 'expectations' may be 'too high' on 'every' voicing. If you look at it as a grouping of instruments, the value is really there. I mean Les Pauls are like $899 (studio) and up to what $3, 4, 5 k?? So a T3 with all of its capabilities, I think is a great value.

Once you've had your hands on a T3, you'll be spoiled rotten, just in terms of the amazing sounds and stuff you can record to the hard drive... in very few takes... and you can make it simple and clean or you can muddy the waters with many bounced tracks...

Sure, in a perfect world, you're doing your recording on a kazillion-track computer and you're punching in and out and refining and mixing and remixing... but the beauty of the Tyros 3 is that you accomplish very acceptable recording results with JUST THE TYROS 3... and that for a non-techie end-user, the simplicity of recording "in real time" (duh, no latency problems, no synch problems, all the other headaches one encounters trying to record via PC), the actual recording experience is simpler and FASTER and MUCH LESS STRESSFUL than the PC route (IMHO).

My hat's off to Yamaha, great product.

I know, RTFM, but still, some of the stuff in the manual is kind of hard to figure out, especially if you're a newbie to TOTL boards.

The touch on the Tyros 3 keyboard greatly affects instrument sounds, and adjusting the OFFSET (touch) will make some sounds greatly improved. For another example, the saxaphones sounded odd to me unless I literally hammered the keys. I changed the offset value and this meant less key pressure to get more velocity out of the keystroke, and voila, the sounds improved.

Best of all, when you save them as "USER" sounds, you don't overwrite or destroy the factory sounds, in case you decide down the road to sell or share the board.

Thanks to all on this BBS for their help, particularly the one kind soul who put me on to this entire concept. I was pretty disturbed that this didn't meet my expectations, in reality, like many have written, to me it sounds better and better. Still, I wish some of the styles were better balance between the four OTB voices, sometimes it really jumps up or down in volume (particularly if the 'classical guitar' voice is in there, it's way too low).

I would love to contribute to yamaha QA product meetings on the Tyros, and I think many of the members of SZ could be of even greater impact (to Yamaha) than I could because you all have greater experience and ability.

To Class Act, I hope you won't totally give up on the Tyros, though I respect your reaction. I had the SAME thought when I encountered poor sounds right out of the box. I imagined it was "too hard" to operate, or maybe even "defective". In truth, it's NOT defective, and it's really not (so far) too hard to operate.

Overall, it's a LOT nicer sounding in many areas compared to my PSR S900, which I really liked and enjoyed. I can see ultimate value in the Tyros 3 long-term in terms of being able to express yourself.

The piano sound (once you tweak it some) is really pretty good overall, yes it's a little weak still in the middle, but it's MUCH better (once you TWEAK IT) than the PSR S900 piano voice IMHO.

Well, back to practice...

[This message has been edited by rsm2000e (edited 02-09-2009).]

[This message has been edited by rsm2000e (edited 02-13-2009).]

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online