Probably a Korg Executive.......
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245729 - 10/22/08 06:18 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
C'mon guys, give Class Act a break. Just because he's a relative newbie doesn't mean he can't have a valid opinion. I would urge him to keep his posts up on the board; now I'm afraid he'll never post again and maybe even drop out. As for liking the sound of a much older version, have you ever thought that maybe it's not all SOUNDS but a mixture of comfort and convenience. I have had that sinking feeling after a bad purchase, but I've never paid a restocking fee. I would definitely check into that.

#245730 - 10/22/08 06:24 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Class Act:

[This message has been edited by Class Act (edited 10-22-2008).]

Hi Class Act,

You're obviously pretty upset by the responses, but the truth is that you'd be saving yourself a lot of money and frustration if you'd just hold onto the keyboard a try it out. I personally am not a great fan of Yamaha (although I do have the T3 out of convenience, I also use the Pa2x), but I'd hate to see you waste your money on a restocking fee when the reason for returning it is flawed...

#245731 - 10/22/08 07:07 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
C'mon guys, give Class Act a break. Just because he's a relative newbie doesn't mean he can't have a valid opinion. I would urge him to keep his posts up on the board; now I'm afraid he'll never post again and maybe even drop out. As for liking the sound of a much older version, have you ever thought that maybe it's not all SOUNDS but a mixture of comfort and convenience. I have had that sinking feeling after a bad purchase, but I've never paid a restocking fee. I would definitely check into that.

You are right. I had the PA2x for a few months and took a $400 beating because I liked the T3 better. Sometimes you just know.
immediately somethings not right.
At Summer NAMM I played the Fantom in the Roland Room and after an hour or so I knew I would never want one. Nice screen mouse and all that but.....there is something missing.

That was the second time. The first time was at GC. A lot of it was the fact that I already have a computer and would never use the keyboard as a complete recording /sequencing solution. The Roland really shined in that area though if one was not computer savy,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#245732 - 10/22/08 08:01 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm afraid this thread is the perfect example of why our membership is not exactly growing by leaps and bounds...

Bloody rude, I'm afraid, and NOT to one of the 'regulars' who are kind of used to it. Some of us need to get a grip on our tongues around here! This guy didn't deserve this...

Sure, disagree, but rudeness? Why is that even necessary?

It's about time some of you started writing as if you were face to face with the poster. Because, trust me, call me a 'troll' to my face, and you'll be picking yourself up off the floor!

I keep trying to point out... your arranger isn't your wife or your grandkids. If someone says something you disagree with, why start a fight? Surely we are not so dumb and ignorant you can't refute what they say without personal attack...

Disgusting. Really....

#245733 - 10/22/08 08:37 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dnj Offline

Its all because the so called mighty TYROS got spanked plain & simple.....& now retaliation must be dealt out severly by the Yamaha elitists.....Paaaallleeeeeesessse!!

#245734 - 10/22/08 08:37 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Dnj Offline

hes gone

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-22-2008).]

#245735 - 10/22/08 09:51 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I never had a chance to read Class Act's post before he removed them, so am left in the dark. The fact that he joined in August and made only this one other post (according to Spaulding) and now deletes everything he said, definitely sounds suspicious. If Class Act wants to be taken seriously, he/she needs to restate his Tyros3 disappointment and provide more detail, less not be taken as merely an anti Yamaha Tyros3 promoting shill.

Scott

#245736 - 10/22/08 09:58 PM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have played 2 gigs this week with my Tyros 3 using only the factory default settings. It is not the best solution - but it sure is not horrible. Tonight I found time to explore the EQ and CMP settings and you won't believe what you can get out of this keyboard! I am using M-Audio BX5a speakers - not a lot of power - but enough for my needs. I can't imagine anyone faulting this keyboard on sound quality.

Hammer

#245737 - 10/23/08 12:04 AM Re: Disappointment with Tyros3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Its all because the so called mighty TYROS got spanked plain & simple.....& now retaliation must be dealt out severly by the Yamaha elitists.....Paaaallleeeeeesessse!!

Yeah people always want to beat up on the top dog. I think people get upset that Yamaha sells a ton of Tyros' despite their disregard for those relative few who want it in a 76key model. Which Yamaha has no intention of doing although they already can do it easily using the Motif case model.

Its a Home keyboard in the Home division, All home division Arranger Keyboards are 61 keys.

I (and I suspect Yamaha) personally cannot imagine anyone passing on the Tyros ONLY because it does not have 76 keys. Thats a whole lot being left on the table to still spend $3000+ for an apparent "compromise" of choosing a second choice for 15 more keys......ya think? I think Yamaha knows how silly that is. Would I like 76 Keys? SURE! But Im not going to buy my second choice for thousands for 15 more keys.......

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online