SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#241527 - 09/02/08 05:07 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ian..., what are you smoking man! It's Yamaha who needs to wake up...... Korg's arranger sales for the PA are quite good and one of their HUGE selling points is in the OS upgrades. Both Korg and Roland have figured out HOW TO MAKE A PROFIT and still give amazing OS updates. It's Yamaha who we clearly see is GREEDY. If they gave a damn about their customers satisfaction in the pro arranger market you wouldn't have a $4,000 OS update. It's Yamaha who needs a lesson from Korg and Roland. As far as Lionstracs fate. Since when are you in the position to predict Dom's future? Many of us question the style quality of the MS's, but neither Yamaha, Korg , or Roland's arrangers can compete with the MS's open system. The MS needs help on the styles, but as far as the rest of her.., it has the upper hand on all 3 major makers (closed system arrangers)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241528 - 09/02/08 05:18 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
As far as Lionstracs fate. Since when are you in the position to predict Dom's future?

I'm in the position to state my own opinion...something that is allowed on the forum, the last time I checked.

You don't have to agree...that's what makes this place so interesting...diversity of opinion.

Ian

#241529 - 09/02/08 05:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

It's funny how you seem to always be able to predict Yammies financial future and regardless of what they do.., in your opinion it's always good, but you can predict the future of a keyboard company you know absolutely nothing about
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241530 - 09/02/08 05:31 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
It's funny how you seem to always be able to predict Yammies financial future and regardless of what they do.., in your opinion it's always good, but you can predict the future of a keyboard company you know absolutely nothing about

Why would you say that?

Lointracs is clearly a second rate company...they can't even put up a decent demo.

Yamaha Roland and Korg seem to be able to do this repeatedly....but poor old Lointracs can't even muster one.

Coffee is on Squeak...care to wake up and have a sniff?

Ian

#241531 - 09/02/08 05:41 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not see any changes to the MUSIC FINDER??

Also, no changes to connections other than USB 2.0 is now available. No XLR Mic Jack.

The Tyros 3 still seems firmly targeted solely for Home use.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241532 - 09/02/08 05:45 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

Like I said before Ian. Dom has done something that very few could do. He put out his own keyboard. Kindly point me in the direction of any ground breaking keyboards that are the result of your great wisdom...

You have to be a fool to think that Dom hasn't caught the attention of the big boys. Dom's a very small company and he has already made a very nice footprint for himself-can you say this Ian..??

Tell me something.., when was the last time you had the chance to sit down and talk with the CEO of Yamaha? Has the CEO actually shown up at your front door (last time I checked Dom has done this). He may be a smaller company, but he can offer a level of customer service and support none of the big three can. Hell.., didn't one of our own members drive his freakin corvette! Think the CEO of Yamaha would let you do that

Bottom line is this Ian.. Dom may not have the money of the big three, but what he has done with the money available to him is amazing. Sure.., we're all waiting for some better demos and I'm confident that Dom will deliver on them, but you're making all these assumptions about the mans company calling him second rate, blah, blah, blah, and you know NOTHING about him or his company. Have you ever spoken to Dom? Lionstracs wouldn't still be in business today if Dom didn't know what he was doing. Again, how many of us here can say we designed and sell a keyboard to compete with the big three? Dom's a very nice guy too--very intelligent as well. I've spoken to him quite a few times (email, private chat), ect. Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to trash his product Ian.... Then again.., anything that doesn't say Yamaha is 3rd class trash to you. Even with that nightmare 9000 Pro Yammie put out..., I'm willing to bet that even then with all the upset customers you'd still be singing praise to Yamaha.

#241533 - 09/02/08 05:48 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Sorry Chony...I don't agree.

Having said that...I didn't buy the T1 or T2 either...I preferred the PSR-2k/3k/S900 which are more to my liking, having built in speakers, and more within my playing budget...like Gary Diamond, and Beakybird, I usually buy 'em two at a time, and two Tyros are a bit much for me.

I don't need a TOTL arranger for my needs...if I did, I would be using the T-series and budgeting accordingly.

You may or may not agree with Yamaha's marketing strategy but selling arrangers and making a profit is the bottom line of each of the big three manufacturers...no profit...no company...Technics and a few others have learned this the hard way, and Wersi and Lointracs seem to be headed in that direction, too...let's hope Roland and Korg wake up and catch up before it's too late for them.

Ian

Ian,

Matsushita owns Technics and the sales of arranger keyboards for Matsushita was such a small portion of their business I don't think it even mattered much to them if they ever sold a keyboard or not. Technics arrangers actually sold fairly well, had a good following, and were quite technologically advanced. I suspect with the MI division being so small in comparison to Matsushita's other companies, it was probably just easier for them to stop making keyboards since the niche for arrangers in general is very small. Even Yamaha's arranger sales make up but a tiny fraction of their MI sales and barely register a blip in overall Yamaha company sales.

I'm not really sure why you are making it seem like Wersi and Lionstracs are in jeopardy? Wersi's been around for a long, long time and their sales may be smaller than Yamaha's but their sales figures certainly aren't weak. Wersi's products are far more technologically advanced than anything Yamaha makes and Wersi is continually updating their products to always stay two steps ahead of everyone else. So far nobody, not even Yamaha, has caught up with Wersi when it comes to making an advanced arranger/workstation.

Lionstracs may be a newer company to the arranger world but Domenic has been around a long time manufacturing components for OEM applications. I doubt Domenic is worried about Mediastation sales as he seems to have a fair share of customers across the water. Lionstracs has also drawn great interest from the big three (Yamaha included) and it wouldn't surprise me if Lionstracs and one of the big three partnered up. Don't be shocked if you see a Mediastation marketed under the Yamaha name in a few years because it's entirely possible.

Just because a company is smaller doesn't mean its products aren't as good if not better than the competition. Sequential Circuits was a fine example of a small company with great products but they just didn't have the money to continually develop and manufacture new products. Yamaha bought Sequential in the late 1980's and it was reported they'd release many of the Sequential products branded under the Yamaha name. In the end Yamaha opted instead to use Sequentials technology, sell some of the technology to Korg, cheapen it, then market it in various low level synthesizers rather than continue manufacturing high end synths. Much like Yamaha does now with their arranger keyboards.

You also elude that Roland and Korg may be in trouble if they don't "wake up and catch up". Unless you live under a rock Roland and Korg have a huge share of the MI and arranger market in the USA and abroad. Korg has made some of the most successful music workstations/arrangers and Roland some of the most successful synthesizers ever produced. Roland was at the forefront of arranger technology and had it not been for Roland, your beloved Tyros 3 would likely have never been a reality. I seriously doubt either are quaking in their boots merely because Yamaha has come out with the Tyros 3. The Tyros 3 is far from a technological marvel and Korg and Roland already manufacture arranger keyboards with better sounds, more features, better build quality, and a lower price than the Tyros 3. Imagine if Korg utilized software from the PA2X Pro and merged it within the Oasys. That would be a mega arranger that would easily rival any Yamaha offering to date.

I'm also curious as to why you wouldn't immediately pony up the cash for a Tyros 3 being you feel it is "Perfect" and it wouldn't be that expensive for you. Since you're a demo guy for Yamaha you're allowed an accommodation price on their keyboards which means you can buy them at 50% off retail (even less if its a B or C stock unit). With all that dough you saved buying the S900 you should make the leap and go get a Tyros 3. After all, it is the best arranger ever made with the perfect layout, perfect styles, and perfect sounds. What more could anyone else want?

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241534 - 09/02/08 06:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Kindly point me in the direction of any ground breaking keyboards that are the result of your great wisdom...

You have to be a fool to think that Dom hasn't caught the attention of the big boys.

I've made just as many groundbreaking keyboards as you have...that's why my opinion is every bit as valid as yours.

You have to be a fool to think that Dom has caught the attention of the big three.

Squeak, there is not much point debating with me...unless you are a good loser.

Ian

#241535 - 09/02/08 06:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
squeak_D Offline

Ian.., how you manage to get yourself and your head through any doorway is a puzzle to me

#241536 - 09/02/08 06:26 AM Re: Tyros 3 manuals, datasheets etc
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
After all, it is the best arranger ever made with the perfect layout, perfect styles, and perfect sounds. What more could anyone else want?

Exactly....put in your order...the queue will be long.

I like the S900 for it's portability and bang for the buck...guys with lots of loot, like yourself, can afford the very best...so buy the Tyros3.

Ian

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online