SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#229139 - 03/16/08 08:43 AM Re: Audya video
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi DNJ
Its amazing how many people still think the Wersi is new untried technology, whereas in fact its been in use for more then 8 years, (This is the amount of time that Wersi OAS instruments have been played live, from small gatherings to football Stadiums, Home use to Concert Halls, both by top artists and the regular gigging musician, all instruments being transported from Gig to Gig) so I don’t know what you are worried about.
Just pop along to your dealer and try one, if you don’t like it, stick with what you have got, (You won’t loose anything but a bit of time and gas) if you do like it, think of all the new musical avenues open to you.
As to learning to use it, then it is no different then going from a Yamaha to a Korg or a Roland to a Ketron etc.
As to Old School then Yes, this will always be a problem, but please remember that all arrangers used to be classed as toys for the 1 finger brigade, and not worthy of any consideration by a Pro Player, however they are now an accepted as part of the establishment.
Enjoy Life, Play a Wersi

Bill

#229140 - 03/16/08 08:54 AM Re: Audya video
Dnj Offline

Hi Bill.....Fran & I have a trip to Lancaster PA Wersi very soon to demo some of their units......I have an open mind & will always give things a chance......
life is too short to not at least try.
I know the price sometimes turns people off but in the ;long run & if you add a couple of units together that you buy/sell it really adds up to the same thing.

#229141 - 03/17/08 11:34 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Here's some info on the "how" audya works ..
This is from the "solton club" ...
Initially one of the main problems using live audio was audio loops of different tempos if played together
fall out of sync

The solution was to use loop slicing. Loop slicing solves this problem allowing you to adjust the tempo and
length of a audio sample without changing the pitch or sonic character of the instrument, and makes
it possible for loops with different tempos to play together or to coexist at a consistent tempo without falling out of sync.

Ketron live drums for example use real audio drum samples, using loop slicing each drum note or drum
beat sample can be triggered by the keyboard this is why their drums sound so good. this is much easier to
implement than guitar loops because drums never change key

Ketrons new technology of using instrument audio loops is much more difficult because of the number of chord variations
involved.As Barry already mentioned different chord shapes or samples are mapped accross the entire keyboard
range as required and can be assigned to be triggered by a specific key or note.

This is why the Audya sounds are very realistic it is using real audio samples.

The thing that interests me most about Peters Direct Note access software is imaging recording an audio file which
contains playing mistakes These playing mistakes can now be corrected using an audio midi like piano roll editor without the need for Cubase, Cakewalk or other sampling editor software - AMAZING

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/Songs

#229142 - 03/17/08 08:01 PM Re: Audya video
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dan01,
certainly sounds like it's going to be a fascinating keyboard.

Thanks also for the info on how the sd1 Live Drums work. I had a feeling they were sliced audio loops, which was something I knew nothing about till I got my PA800. The user groove files in the PA800 use sliced audio drum loops. I'd been planning on trying something similiar to what the sd1 does ie use a mix of midi drums on one track & sliced audio drum loop on another for the styles. So this may just work for me after all.

It's amazing Ketron have managed to get it working with other instruments like guitars etc.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DanO1:
[B]
Ketron live drums for example use real audio drum samples, using loop slicing each drum note or drum
beat sample can be triggered by the keyboard this is why their drums sound so good.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#229143 - 03/18/08 03:38 AM Re: Audya video
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Rikki and others,

I cannot but wonder: BIAB 2008 happens to use for the first time not only Real Drums but also Real Guitars for their backing parts, so I ask: is there any similarity between the two systems? And, could it be possibile to load (or at least convert) BIAB loops inside the Audya?
This is not a secondary point, because, as all BIAB aficionados know, there are already many styles made available by PG Music (and more will no doubt be released in the future), so these would be excellent news for all those worried with the Audya "upgrade-ability".

#229144 - 03/18/08 07:41 AM Re: Audya video
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Please,
someone explain me what is the difference between

"...Ketron live drums...real audio drum samples, using loop slicing each drum note or drum beat sample can be triggered by the keyboard..."

and

samples of a bass drum or snare or high hat, triggered by midi notes as we all do since day one (since arrangers have samples in their sound engines).

As above,
if they take actual chords played by living guitarists, and break them apart in individual samples etc,

what is the difference between that and simple midi notes triggering?

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 03-18-2008).]

#229145 - 03/18/08 08:35 AM Re: Audya video
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
You can never play the same Chord via midi triggering and make it sound the same, as it would sound when played on a guitar!

You might get close, but certain characteristics will still be missing!

On top of that it is easier to work with samples than midi.
Keep in mind that I am talking about making instruments sound as realistic as possible.

#229146 - 03/18/08 08:37 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

Hey Dreamer ... what is BIAB ?

#229147 - 03/18/08 08:40 AM Re: Audya video
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
BIAB = Band in the Box

Really cool prgoram from PG Music,

How's it going Dan

#229148 - 03/18/08 09:37 AM Re: Audya video
DanO1 Offline

Frank... I'm ok .. Did you receive the emails I sent last week ?

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online