SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#215483 - 10/01/04 10:31 AM How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Some member user names seem (to me) pretty obvious as they (like mine) actually contain their actual first & last name and/ or initials, or denote their specific arranger keyboard brand/model. Others use nicknames which hint to perhaps some personal quality, trait, or title they hold. Other synthzone members choose names which seem to have been picked at random out of a box.

Considering this, I thought it would be interesting to FIND OUT exactly how each of us came up with our user name.

I'm particularly interested in finding out the origins of these: Beakybird, Squeak, juneau, Impuls, lukitoh, Starkeeper, and the rest of the members with names other than the tradition first name/keyboard name type.

Ok, even though my member name is obvious to most by now, I'll start. Because my SZ user name is: Scottyee, some people assumed my first name is Scotty and that I only added the two e's to the end because the name Scotty had already been taken. In fact though, my first name is: Scott and last is: Yee.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#215484 - 10/01/04 10:34 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
It's my real name!

Tom

#215485 - 10/01/04 10:44 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My Synthzone name is the same as the band name, one that I have used for more than two decades. I was going to name the band Travlin' Light, but another, more famous group grabbed it first. The Easy part came when a lot of folks that saw me performing said "Man, you sure have an easy life. Just traveling around and doing the things you like to do most." Consequently, the two things just seemd kinda' natural. Ironically, now both myself and the equipment load is considerably lighter than it was 20 years ago. The equipment load has been reduced to about 120 pounds of gear, and since I jumped on the South Beach Diet, I'm down 41 pounds. I'll have to check on the Travlin' Light group and see if they are still around. If not, there may be a name change sometime in the near future.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#215486 - 10/01/04 11:42 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
It's my passion (other than my wife and music of course).!!!!

#215487 - 10/01/04 11:59 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
I suppose my introduction prompted all this. Well, "Juneau" happens to be my middle name. Listen, when your name is Randy Johnson (not the pitcher, unfortunately), you definitely need something to set you apart, especially living in MN where every other person is a Johnson. Actually, "Juneau" was my father's first name. His father (Julius) was either mean or smart, depending on how you look at it.

You'd be surprised how many times I've tried to use Juneau as a handle and it is already taken.

At any rate, you will definitely remember the name "Juneau"! I suppose I should have entered it with a capital J. Is there any way to do that in this forum or would I need to create a new account?

#215488 - 10/01/04 12:04 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Starkeeper is the name of a process running on one of our Unix boxes, and I thought, what a cool name. Starkeeper - administrator of the universe. If I had to choose a new name, it would probably be "Zone Addict".
Starkeeper

#215489 - 10/01/04 12:27 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
The Accordionist Offline

I have no idea how I derived mine.....

#215490 - 10/01/04 12:40 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
As you can probably imagine, one of my passions is roller coasters...go figure!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#215491 - 10/01/04 01:01 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It was my parents idea...

#215492 - 10/01/04 01:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I've got this a long time ago when I had my first computer, an Apple II.
Steve Wozniak, aka "Whoz" designed one of the most successful machine for its time.
so i thought whoz....whiz...wiz ...

then i used it as a nickname back to the days i was still playing games online.

Claude

#215493 - 10/01/04 01:27 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Obviously, Cass is my first name and P is the first letter of my last name, so...

I've messed around with Caspian Music and CassP and Music, but the name of my band is Token, not Tokin'. Soometimes people ask if we're the 'LionSleeps Tonight' group, but we're obvioously not.

cassp works for me, cuz it's almost always available - except on hotmail or yahoo.

#215494 - 10/01/04 01:48 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
My real name is Herco de Boer - not really a name I like to use on a forum. Usually I think of a name when I register to a forum.
Drdalet I use frequently nowadays.
I work with a national Dutch broadcast company as an engineer. At the moment my main task is administrator of a computer system called Dalet . I also teach people how to work with the system and I help people when they get into trouble with it. I also think of all kinds of solutions to make their work easier. So someone called me "doctor Dalet", and when I registered for the Dalet forum, this is what I came up with: drdalet.
I use it now for all kinds of forums.

------------------
drdalet

#215495 - 10/01/04 02:18 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well mine was really easy. Squeak is "my real" nick name. I've been called Squeak for years. Even my professors at college address my by my nickname. I've had the nickname Squeak for nearly 25 years now I added the _D at the end because my real name is Daniel. Hell even my wife's mother and her sisters call me Squeakie.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#215496 - 10/01/04 03:32 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The kids who work at the restaurant I play at gave me my name 13 years ago. Because the job was outside, I wore a greek firshemans' hat. A week later, everyone... all the staff and customers were referring to me as "captain". Most don't know my real name. Unfortunately, the IRS does.

Oh well...

Russ

#215497 - 10/01/04 04:09 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
My member name is really my first and my last name!

Luis Santos

#215498 - 10/01/04 04:13 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
mine rikkisbears, is also my hotmail address. I just found it easier to use that , than create a new name. Reason for the strange name (actually it's Rikki's Bears,) I was making & selling miniature teddy bears on ebay (Hobby). Now the music bug's bitten again, I'm back to music hobby ( plus the odd bear).

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#215499 - 10/01/04 04:16 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Try sneezing while sitting at a drum set, and you come down hard on the kick pedal.
No seriously, it was a lot easier than "Hey Nonny Ding Dong...a Lang a Lang a Lang". Unfortunately the younger members out there will have no idea what I'm talking about.
....Leon

#215500 - 10/01/04 04:22 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Well my id stands for "Keyboard Rocker". I chose this name because I've been called a Rock and Roll keyboardist due to my boogie-woogie riffs.

My other username is PerfectGroover because of my flawless timing on the drums.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#215501 - 10/01/04 05:19 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
my first name beginns with R, my family name with F, therefore I use in many forums RF.
Here is a name like this forbidden, so I modified this name.

------------------
Regards
RF

#215502 - 10/01/04 05:58 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
I remember doing this here a while back. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/005801.html

I am a professional Magician and thus use Magic on an almost daily basis. I have performing magic now for over 40 years. Yes, I started very young!

Since it is a User name it made sense to me.

- Brian

#215503 - 10/01/04 06:32 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
MrEd Offline

Back in 1985 I started working at a place. My boss assigned a guy named Wilbur to work with me and to show me around. Remember the show Mr. Ed ("Yes Wilbur")? I worked there 16 years and thats all I ever heard.

#215504 - 10/01/04 07:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
My mama!

#215505 - 10/01/04 07:53 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
It's on my drivers license!

#215506 - 10/01/04 08:03 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
zuki Offline

Was once a Regional Manager with Suzuki Corporation - Piano Division.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#215507 - 10/01/04 08:21 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
CandyLuv Offline

Loc: Burlington, Ia USA
My dog's name was Candy and I always called her Candy luv so when she went to that big doggie heaven in the sky I decided to use her name as my username.
(Plus, I do love Candy.....Has anyone tried those Hershey Kisses filled with carmel?) oh my.....they are wonderful!)

#215508 - 10/01/04 09:06 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
A lot of things. Strong work ethic and a lifelong interest in keyboards got me the nickname eons ago, then there was this masked wrestler I met as a kid, then I got this 9000 Pro keyboard, then the full-time muso thing... it all got out of hand... sorry...

#215509 - 10/01/04 10:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA

------------------
The old Newb

#215510 - 10/01/04 11:41 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
My username referres to the Judas priest song (and album) "Painkiller", which is one of my favorite songs. In some places I use blindpainkiller, to hint at my visual handicap (I'm not blind though).

#215511 - 10/02/04 12:12 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
I am a guy who likes to jam.

#215512 - 10/02/04 12:37 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
At a very early age, I was abducted by Aliens, cleverly disguised as gypsies. They traveled mostly by night in a caravan of old Ford Aerostars, fitted with energy systems that enabled them to run on plain tap water. This particular band of alien/gypsy itinerants raised me as one of their own until I was 14 years old. None of them used their real names as they were unpronouncable in any earthly language. Instead they each took a letter of our alphabet as their name. So, as was their custom,and since I was the 13th member of their clan, I was known simply as M. It so happened they were traveling through Mexico on the night of the anniversary of my 14th year in captivity. The alien/gypsies had come to like and trust me and they thought I was thoroughly indoctrinated into their culture. The details of the practices and rituals involved are far to lengthy to reveal here.
There was a big celebration in my honor around the campfire that night, and everyone except me became quite intoxicated. As the A/Gs (short for Alien/Gypsies) lie sleeping in their various Aerostars, I was able to slip off into the Mexican night.
I walked all night and at daybreak found myself at the gate of a huge cattle ranch.
Unable to walk much farther, I went to the front door of the main Hacienda and introduced myself to the family that owned the ranch. When I told them the story of my almost unbelievable adventure, they at once welcomed me into their family, and soon began training me in the ways of their culture and industry and raising me as one of their own.
After spending six more years working at the Ranch and saving all the pesos I could, I was totally accepted as one of them. On the day I finally decided to leave, they had a large party for me and presented me with a set of silver spurs and a large hand-embroidered sombrero. They also told me that I could for ever after use the official designation of a Mexican Don.
Since returning to the US, I have put all my past life behind me, only keeping the well-earned moniker DonM as a reminder of those times.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
DonM

#215513 - 10/02/04 02:28 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Fair enough as far as it goes Don..But you left out the part about when you used to be a stock car driver on the Spedeworth circuits in the UK. Ah! well; perhaps another time..

Trevor

#215514 - 10/02/04 05:48 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Although I have already sold my SD-1, I still like some great qualities of this keyboard.

Armando

#215515 - 10/02/04 05:48 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
kaboombahchuck Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
A friend of mine had an e-mail address of "is the bomb", and I had to out do him. Kaboombah was already taken, so I added my name to the end of it, and done. I use it all over the web.. It can even be found in a google search!

#215516 - 10/02/04 05:57 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well to begin with I was not born in 1961 as some of you might think? Since there is a 61 after my name. I was born in 1971. The reason for the 61 is beacuse I owned a poly-61 synthesizer at the time I registered on here. You'd think I could have come up with something better, but this was the first thing to pop into my head. I actually prefer my new nicname Analogcontrolfreak, but I figure everyone on here knows me as Paul-61, so why change it. That and the fact that member names can not be changed.

#215517 - 10/02/04 08:29 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Lack of imagination.....MD are my initials and the rest is well.....just lame......

#215518 - 10/02/04 11:19 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
My name is Manuel and my last name is Dorantes.....mdorantes

#215519 - 10/02/04 11:47 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My first name is Anthony (Tony) and the 'mads' part is a shortened version of my last name "Madalone" .... This was actually bestowed on me by some of my son's school friends years ago ... They would refer to me as "Mr. Mads" ... The USA part is obviously in honor of the GREAT country in which I reside ...
t.

#215520 - 10/02/04 04:41 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Quasar Offline

A quasar is like a star, very luminous and full of energy, but much further away than it appears, due to the red shift, etc.

I think of internet activity sort of like that. Close and immediate contact in cyberspace, but far, far away in real space.

But that just came to me when I realized I had initiated the registration process without thinking of a user name, so it's all a bit silly really.

Michael

#215521 - 10/02/04 06:41 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
digitalvision Offline

Loc: UK
ANYONE remember that game they brought out in the 90's, LEMMING'S?

#215522 - 10/02/04 08:56 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I hope you all can figure this one out.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#215523 - 10/03/04 08:28 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thanks to everyone (who has responded so far) for providing what has proved to be both interesting & revealing member name insights. Look forward to hearing from more of you out there on this subject. - Scott

#215524 - 10/03/04 10:10 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
mothers maiden name,2002 was when i first got a pc,mike

#215525 - 10/03/04 10:25 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Mine came from using an arranger. Which I don't have any more cuz I got broke and had to sell it. Do I win a prize? A psr3000? YIPPEE!

#215526 - 10/03/04 10:30 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
At a very early age, I was abducted by Aliens, cleverly disguised as gypsies. They traveled mostly by night in a caravan of old Ford Aerostars, fitted with energy systems that enabled them to run on plain tap water. This particular band of alien/gypsy itinerants raised me as one of their own until I was 14 years old. None of them used their real names as they were unpronouncable in any earthly language. Instead they each took a letter of our alphabet as their name. So, as was their custom,and since I was the 13th member of their clan, I was known simply as M. It so happened they were traveling through Mexico on the night of the anniversary of my 14th year in captivity. The alien/gypsies had come to like and trust me and they thought I was thoroughly indoctrinated into their culture. The details of the practices and rituals involved are far to lengthy to reveal here.
There was a big celebration in my honor around the campfire that night, and everyone except me became quite intoxicated. As the A/Gs (short for Alien/Gypsies) lie sleeping in their various Aerostars, I was able to slip off into the Mexican night.
I walked all night and at daybreak found myself at the gate of a huge cattle ranch.
Unable to walk much farther, I went to the front door of the main Hacienda and introduced myself to the family that owned the ranch. When I told them the story of my almost unbelievable adventure, they at once welcomed me into their family, and soon began training me in the ways of their culture and industry and raising me as one of their own.
After spending six more years working at the Ranch and saving all the pesos I could, I was totally accepted as one of them. On the day I finally decided to leave, they had a large party for me and presented me with a set of silver spurs and a large hand-embroidered sombrero. They also told me that I could for ever after use the official designation of a Mexican Don.
Since returning to the US, I have put all my past life behind me, only keeping the well-earned moniker DonM as a reminder of those times.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
DonM

Godomighty, man, that's hilarious. What in the world are you smokin up there? Oh yeah, it's the truth.

#215527 - 10/03/04 11:38 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Trident is the name of a graphics board chipset manufacturer.
Had to find a name in a hurry back in 1997, I looked around and there was this old video card on the desk.
Not many ppl use it, so it stuck.
Lame it is, but never bothered to change it.

#215528 - 10/04/04 05:23 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
When I started playing keyboards in a band back at the end of the 60s the other guys in the band all called me "Fingers" which everyone then continued to call me.

Also - the intials of my name are KF so I amalgamated the two to KFingers.

Alternatively - the Gypsy Aliens got me too and gave me the name as a punishment as Don had escaped their clutches!!!

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 10-04-2004).]

#215529 - 10/04/04 05:46 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
acctjm Offline

Loc: Eastern PA
It is short for Accordion Tom.

#215530 - 10/04/04 10:55 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I was blowing horns in a big band in 1948 up Seattle way, and whenever I got a turnaround I would jazz. The guys started calling me The Bebop Kid. It has evolved over the years to just plain BEBOP. Due to my age I expect it soon to be changed to "waltz" I still play some Bebop on keys but getting slower all the time
Bebop

#215531 - 10/05/04 01:07 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
KN_Fan Offline

Mine is self explanatory (and couldn't think of a better name at that time)...been playing the Technics KN series for years (since the KN800 era).

Can't say the name is up to date though.

#215532 - 10/05/04 01:30 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
Not very original, but it is my first and last name

#215533 - 10/05/04 01:56 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Chico from Francisco
Brasil from my Brasil

Chico

#215534 - 10/05/04 02:40 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I originally registered as dano, but had to add a number 1 to it's current "DanO1" .

Dan O'Neil ='s Dan O'

Plus....my dad was in the FBI and Hawaii Five-O was very popular when I was in high school . Jack Lord spoke the line "Book'em (um) Dan O'...murder one", very often in the the TV series .

So.....the Dan O' thing has been my nick name for quite some time.

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#215535 - 10/05/04 04:00 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
Mine is self explanatory (and couldn't think of a better name at that time)...been playing the Technics KN series for years (since the KN800 era).

Can't say the name is up to date though.

KN,
I still have the KN800 and all the software. Do you still have yours? I play it now and then and it is like new
Bebop

#215536 - 10/06/04 11:32 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
capt_doug61 Offline

Loc: Texas
Mine came from a friend/co-worker many
years ago. I would come into work (we
worked together as cooks)wearing a camo
cap,so Capt.Doug is what I became.
Seems it has stuck with me all this
time despite my best efforts to get
rid of it!..lol.

Cheers,
Doug

#215537 - 10/07/04 12:49 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
Did you remember about Alphaworld? It was one of the first internet virtual environment, and one of the first using avatars.
So the first time I saw it I said: "What a freaky thing...".
So I joined a piece of my name with the freak word, and that's all.

#215538 - 10/07/04 02:04 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Dnj Offline

D = Donny
NJ = The Great State of "NEW JERSEY"

#215539 - 10/08/04 03:43 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I recorded my first collection of songs (using Technics KN1000) into cassette and named the collection "FreeStyle" - and gave it to my girlfriend (wife now) as a gift.

#215540 - 10/09/04 01:11 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I originally registered as dano, but had to add a number 1 to it's current "DanO1" .

It was and still is DanO I looked it up and it was registered back in 08-06-1999 Why did you reregister Dan ? If you want the old name you can still have it ... though everyone knows you as Dan01 now. Maybe I should delete the old one ????

#215541 - 10/09/04 09:18 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
SB is for Santa Barbara, where I hail from, PC - my first and last initials.
Paul C.

#215542 - 10/10/04 06:29 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
Well, I started on drums 30 years ago, rocked for 12 or so years, then went into country for the last 17 or so. About 2 years into playing country I joined up with a band that did a lot of Lupis and MS benefits. We use to, in between sets, get the kids up on stage and let them "play" for the others. At one of these we were helping one of the kids out from behind my kit (he was in a wheel chair) and he looked up at me and said "Your really nice, you remind me of a Smurf!" Well, you know how fellow musicians are, my set was Blue Ludwigs, my favorite color is blue, and my last name sounds real close to Smurf, so it stuck!
I miss the days of good musicians getting together for a good cause, and the only thing we wanted out of it was some of that good home cook'n! ;-)

#215543 - 10/11/04 12:28 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
It is a really cool jazz chord. It was the first forum I ever registered on and I wanted to show off that I used and love jazz chords. Hehe, well anyway, it's a very unrememberable name. I am known as Rordog on many other forums. Rory is my first name. Rordog was a nickname I acquired in college.
(Unrememberable! what a word. HMMM. it's late)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online