SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#215523 - 10/03/04 08:28 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thanks to everyone (who has responded so far) for providing what has proved to be both interesting & revealing member name insights. Look forward to hearing from more of you out there on this subject. - Scott

#215524 - 10/03/04 10:10 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
mothers maiden name,2002 was when i first got a pc,mike

#215525 - 10/03/04 10:25 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Mine came from using an arranger. Which I don't have any more cuz I got broke and had to sell it. Do I win a prize? A psr3000? YIPPEE!

#215526 - 10/03/04 10:30 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
At a very early age, I was abducted by Aliens, cleverly disguised as gypsies. They traveled mostly by night in a caravan of old Ford Aerostars, fitted with energy systems that enabled them to run on plain tap water. This particular band of alien/gypsy itinerants raised me as one of their own until I was 14 years old. None of them used their real names as they were unpronouncable in any earthly language. Instead they each took a letter of our alphabet as their name. So, as was their custom,and since I was the 13th member of their clan, I was known simply as M. It so happened they were traveling through Mexico on the night of the anniversary of my 14th year in captivity. The alien/gypsies had come to like and trust me and they thought I was thoroughly indoctrinated into their culture. The details of the practices and rituals involved are far to lengthy to reveal here.
There was a big celebration in my honor around the campfire that night, and everyone except me became quite intoxicated. As the A/Gs (short for Alien/Gypsies) lie sleeping in their various Aerostars, I was able to slip off into the Mexican night.
I walked all night and at daybreak found myself at the gate of a huge cattle ranch.
Unable to walk much farther, I went to the front door of the main Hacienda and introduced myself to the family that owned the ranch. When I told them the story of my almost unbelievable adventure, they at once welcomed me into their family, and soon began training me in the ways of their culture and industry and raising me as one of their own.
After spending six more years working at the Ranch and saving all the pesos I could, I was totally accepted as one of them. On the day I finally decided to leave, they had a large party for me and presented me with a set of silver spurs and a large hand-embroidered sombrero. They also told me that I could for ever after use the official designation of a Mexican Don.
Since returning to the US, I have put all my past life behind me, only keeping the well-earned moniker DonM as a reminder of those times.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
DonM

Godomighty, man, that's hilarious. What in the world are you smokin up there? Oh yeah, it's the truth.

#215527 - 10/03/04 11:38 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Trident is the name of a graphics board chipset manufacturer.
Had to find a name in a hurry back in 1997, I looked around and there was this old video card on the desk.
Not many ppl use it, so it stuck.
Lame it is, but never bothered to change it.

#215528 - 10/04/04 05:23 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
When I started playing keyboards in a band back at the end of the 60s the other guys in the band all called me "Fingers" which everyone then continued to call me.

Also - the intials of my name are KF so I amalgamated the two to KFingers.

Alternatively - the Gypsy Aliens got me too and gave me the name as a punishment as Don had escaped their clutches!!!

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 10-04-2004).]

#215529 - 10/04/04 05:46 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
acctjm Offline

Loc: Eastern PA
It is short for Accordion Tom.

#215530 - 10/04/04 10:55 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I was blowing horns in a big band in 1948 up Seattle way, and whenever I got a turnaround I would jazz. The guys started calling me The Bebop Kid. It has evolved over the years to just plain BEBOP. Due to my age I expect it soon to be changed to "waltz" I still play some Bebop on keys but getting slower all the time
Bebop

#215531 - 10/05/04 01:07 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
KN_Fan Offline

Mine is self explanatory (and couldn't think of a better name at that time)...been playing the Technics KN series for years (since the KN800 era).

Can't say the name is up to date though.

#215532 - 10/05/04 01:30 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
Not very original, but it is my first and last name

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online