SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#215503 - 10/01/04 06:32 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
MrEd Offline

Back in 1985 I started working at a place. My boss assigned a guy named Wilbur to work with me and to show me around. Remember the show Mr. Ed ("Yes Wilbur")? I worked there 16 years and thats all I ever heard.

#215504 - 10/01/04 07:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
My mama!

#215505 - 10/01/04 07:53 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
It's on my drivers license!

#215506 - 10/01/04 08:03 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
zuki Offline

Was once a Regional Manager with Suzuki Corporation - Piano Division.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#215507 - 10/01/04 08:21 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
CandyLuv Offline

Loc: Burlington, Ia USA
My dog's name was Candy and I always called her Candy luv so when she went to that big doggie heaven in the sky I decided to use her name as my username.
(Plus, I do love Candy.....Has anyone tried those Hershey Kisses filled with carmel?) oh my.....they are wonderful!)

#215508 - 10/01/04 09:06 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
A lot of things. Strong work ethic and a lifelong interest in keyboards got me the nickname eons ago, then there was this masked wrestler I met as a kid, then I got this 9000 Pro keyboard, then the full-time muso thing... it all got out of hand... sorry...

#215509 - 10/01/04 10:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA

------------------
The old Newb

#215510 - 10/01/04 11:41 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
My username referres to the Judas priest song (and album) "Painkiller", which is one of my favorite songs. In some places I use blindpainkiller, to hint at my visual handicap (I'm not blind though).

#215511 - 10/02/04 12:12 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
I am a guy who likes to jam.

#215512 - 10/02/04 12:37 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
At a very early age, I was abducted by Aliens, cleverly disguised as gypsies. They traveled mostly by night in a caravan of old Ford Aerostars, fitted with energy systems that enabled them to run on plain tap water. This particular band of alien/gypsy itinerants raised me as one of their own until I was 14 years old. None of them used their real names as they were unpronouncable in any earthly language. Instead they each took a letter of our alphabet as their name. So, as was their custom,and since I was the 13th member of their clan, I was known simply as M. It so happened they were traveling through Mexico on the night of the anniversary of my 14th year in captivity. The alien/gypsies had come to like and trust me and they thought I was thoroughly indoctrinated into their culture. The details of the practices and rituals involved are far to lengthy to reveal here.
There was a big celebration in my honor around the campfire that night, and everyone except me became quite intoxicated. As the A/Gs (short for Alien/Gypsies) lie sleeping in their various Aerostars, I was able to slip off into the Mexican night.
I walked all night and at daybreak found myself at the gate of a huge cattle ranch.
Unable to walk much farther, I went to the front door of the main Hacienda and introduced myself to the family that owned the ranch. When I told them the story of my almost unbelievable adventure, they at once welcomed me into their family, and soon began training me in the ways of their culture and industry and raising me as one of their own.
After spending six more years working at the Ranch and saving all the pesos I could, I was totally accepted as one of them. On the day I finally decided to leave, they had a large party for me and presented me with a set of silver spurs and a large hand-embroidered sombrero. They also told me that I could for ever after use the official designation of a Mexican Don.
Since returning to the US, I have put all my past life behind me, only keeping the well-earned moniker DonM as a reminder of those times.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
DonM

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online