SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#215483 - 10/01/04 10:31 AM How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Some member user names seem (to me) pretty obvious as they (like mine) actually contain their actual first & last name and/ or initials, or denote their specific arranger keyboard brand/model. Others use nicknames which hint to perhaps some personal quality, trait, or title they hold. Other synthzone members choose names which seem to have been picked at random out of a box.

Considering this, I thought it would be interesting to FIND OUT exactly how each of us came up with our user name.

I'm particularly interested in finding out the origins of these: Beakybird, Squeak, juneau, Impuls, lukitoh, Starkeeper, and the rest of the members with names other than the tradition first name/keyboard name type.

Ok, even though my member name is obvious to most by now, I'll start. Because my SZ user name is: Scottyee, some people assumed my first name is Scotty and that I only added the two e's to the end because the name Scotty had already been taken. In fact though, my first name is: Scott and last is: Yee.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#215484 - 10/01/04 10:34 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
It's my real name!

Tom

#215485 - 10/01/04 10:44 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My Synthzone name is the same as the band name, one that I have used for more than two decades. I was going to name the band Travlin' Light, but another, more famous group grabbed it first. The Easy part came when a lot of folks that saw me performing said "Man, you sure have an easy life. Just traveling around and doing the things you like to do most." Consequently, the two things just seemd kinda' natural. Ironically, now both myself and the equipment load is considerably lighter than it was 20 years ago. The equipment load has been reduced to about 120 pounds of gear, and since I jumped on the South Beach Diet, I'm down 41 pounds. I'll have to check on the Travlin' Light group and see if they are still around. If not, there may be a name change sometime in the near future.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#215486 - 10/01/04 11:42 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
It's my passion (other than my wife and music of course).!!!!

#215487 - 10/01/04 11:59 AM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
I suppose my introduction prompted all this. Well, "Juneau" happens to be my middle name. Listen, when your name is Randy Johnson (not the pitcher, unfortunately), you definitely need something to set you apart, especially living in MN where every other person is a Johnson. Actually, "Juneau" was my father's first name. His father (Julius) was either mean or smart, depending on how you look at it.

You'd be surprised how many times I've tried to use Juneau as a handle and it is already taken.

At any rate, you will definitely remember the name "Juneau"! I suppose I should have entered it with a capital J. Is there any way to do that in this forum or would I need to create a new account?

#215488 - 10/01/04 12:04 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Starkeeper is the name of a process running on one of our Unix boxes, and I thought, what a cool name. Starkeeper - administrator of the universe. If I had to choose a new name, it would probably be "Zone Addict".
Starkeeper

#215489 - 10/01/04 12:27 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
The Accordionist Offline

I have no idea how I derived mine.....

#215490 - 10/01/04 12:40 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
As you can probably imagine, one of my passions is roller coasters...go figure!

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#215491 - 10/01/04 01:01 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It was my parents idea...

#215492 - 10/01/04 01:14 PM Re: How'd you come up with YOUR Synthzone member name?
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I've got this a long time ago when I had my first computer, an Apple II.
Steve Wozniak, aka "Whoz" designed one of the most successful machine for its time.
so i thought whoz....whiz...wiz ...

then i used it as a nickname back to the days i was still playing games online.

Claude

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online