SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#172680 - 02/12/04 12:17 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

while I would love to be there, I'm in the same boat as Donny Pesce--jammed up solid for at least the next 18 months or more. It took three years preparation just to get two weeks away in early April. Post lots of pics for those of us who cannot be there to enjoy this wonderful event.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#172681 - 02/12/04 12:23 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Scott,

If I can go on a gig with you and play a few tunes one nightaround the same week, I might be able to talk Sonny G into coming over in the after noon to our get-to-gether. He has a portable yamaha 88 key of some sort he uses and hooks up bass pedals etc. I'm sure everyone there would appreciate his style.

#172682 - 02/12/04 12:29 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Scott, while I would love to be there, I'm in the same boat as Donny Pesce--jammed up solid for at least the next 18 months or more.

Though I'm really disappointed you guys can't make it out here then, I do certainly understand. If one of you guys can organize a similar Synthzone member event on the East Coast (or elsewhere), I promise to make every effort to attend. - Scott

#172683 - 02/12/04 12:41 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
If I can go on a gig with you and play a few tunes one nightaround the same week, I might be able to talk Sonny G into coming over in the after noon to our get-to-gether.

Is this a bribe?
Sorry, but I don't think I can get you in on any of my gigs that week, but it would be cool to have Sonny G come to our San Jose Synthzone get-together. I might also be able to join you guys for a jam session in Carmel, depending on my schedule at that time. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-12-2004).]

#172684 - 02/14/04 08:48 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I thought there would be more interest than this in a SynthZone Jam.
Has everyone seen this post? Is anybody else going to come over and join us?
we need to hear from you. I have to block off the days in the clubhouse before somebody else does.
C'mon peeps, How about it, Now is the Hour.
Best to all
Bebop

#172685 - 02/14/04 09:21 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Dnj Offline

Other then semi local people....there is many things to consider for a trip like this keeping in mind, work, families, cost,milage, scheduling, etc etc .....I think your doing pretty good for such short notice....don't you?

#172686 - 02/14/04 09:39 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Scott & Bill,
Where are we in body count at the moment?

Here's a couple of if's....if I do come to the party (which seems most likely)

If I agree to put on a recording/midi seminar...

Then, what do you have in mind about a block of time to put it on and.....

To all those that want to attend what would the interest be in the most?

Recording to h/d

Sonar

or in

midi hook up, recording and editing.

and tweaking the pc/laptop for optimum results?

All of the above....or none, I'd rather eat a bag of snakes then attend a seminar like this put on by you.

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 02-14-2004).]

#172687 - 02/14/04 10:18 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
The best way for this to function for the good of all will be to set up 1/2 hour time slots for each person starting a reasonable time after the clubhouse opens and going on until late afternon. Each person would be scheduled into one of these time slots and have the opportunity to do whatever they want to do. whether it be teach, play, demo their keyboard/instrument, or ?
Some time would be left at the end of the day for visiting, lying, bragging, etc We could have a Jam session in the evening after everyone returns from dinner. For the Jam Session, I visualize keyboards set up around the room and each person taking their turn playing something, ending with a turn around and the next keyboard player down the line picking it up from there. Those with Accoustic instruments could jam in where ever they wanted to, Or other keyboards could play a single keyboard instrument voice like a sax, trumpet, etc.
The next day would be the same with different or the same people having the 1/2 hour slot depending on how many are coming and how many want to have a time slot.
There would be a schedule so you would always know what is going on at what time in case you want to be there or not be there.
The time slots could be increased depending on how many people register for a time slot.
That is the way it is done at all the shows I have attended and it works out well.
I will also need $10.00 from each member to cover the cost of using and cleaning the clubhouse. That will need to be forwarded to me along with your confirmation, and would only be refundable if the entire gig was cancelled due to lack of enough people for a quorom.
IF only a few people were coming we could do it at my house like we did before and no costs involved.
I have tentatively blocked off those dates for the clubhouse and I can hold them until somebody else wants them then it is "fish or cut bait"
Best to all
Bebop

#172688 - 02/14/04 11:20 AM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
The best way for this to function for the good of all will be to set up 1/2 hour time slots for each person starting a reasonable time after the clubhouse opens and going on until late afternon.

I agree. This gives all members the opportunity to showcase their music, and/or present a workshop. Pre-scheduled time slots also give attendees the ability to pick and choose what events they want to be there for. I would also like to suggest the idea of forming combos, which would provide experience for typically 'solo' one man arranger players to play with acoustic instrument players. Combo performances could be scheduled for the last day (Sunday afternoon/evening), with the first day giving time for band members to rehearse with each other.

Also, what hours will the Clubhouse be available for our use ? Is the Clubhouse available during the evening as well as the day?

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Where are we in body count at the moment?

Here are latest numbers from the responses posted so far:

'For Certain' Attendees (9 people):

- Bill Forest (Bebop)
- Scott Yee (Scottyee)
- Lukitoh
- DNA
- Frank Bez (Frank Bez)
- Boo Hargis (Brickboo)
- Nigel Spence (Nigel), Synthzone Administrator
- Claude (Wizboy)
- Eric Bott (Eric,B)

Strong Interest & Possible Attendees (6 people):

- Terry Telson (Trtjazz)
- Don Mason (DonM)
- Mike (Nardoni2002)
- Paul Curzan (SBPC)
- Jonas (KN_Fan)
- Tom Griglock (TomTomSF)

The above total already meets the mimimum number of people (15) I had originally set so it appears this event is a definite GO now! I agree with Bebop that to both insure a geniune commitment that $10 per attendee be sent to Bebop (Bill Forrest) to cover the cost of clubhouse usage & cleaning ($100). Perhaps funds collected beyond that could go towards refreshments. The room capacity is 100 people so I assume friends and/or spouses are welcome too, right Bebop? Bebop, perhaps you could privately email your 'mailing address' to all the above interested attendees. Please keep us updated as the checks arrive.This event promises to be a once in a lifetime arranger keyboard experience for all. I've already marked my calendar and sending my check in today. Hope even more people here can join us.

Scott

#172689 - 02/14/04 12:04 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
30 minutes per person ? Probably too much time for me. Maybe some of us will email you, Scott with how much time we actually end up spending.

My real name is Han Lukito

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online