SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >
Topic Options
#172650 - 02/11/04 12:50 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
OK, OK

Scott just called me and twisted my arm that my wife and I have to come or else ...

Just talked to my wife and we're in.
We might stay in Carmel for an extended weekend and make a fun trip out of it.

When Scott and I talked we thought we could get to know each other personally and musically on Saturday with some performances. My wife would be up for singing and peforming with me.
Then on Sunday we could have some workshops (while my wife is going to enjoy Carmel)like:
- using vocal harmony,
- using the pitch bend and modulation weels,
- setting up your KB for peformances with memory regs,
- some techniqes on improvisation,
- how to emulate instruments on the KB that they sound realistic etc....

What do you think?
I could help with any of those topics.
I'll be bringing my 9000Pro and maybe my acustic Guitar

Hope to see you all soon.

Eric

#172651 - 02/11/04 01:09 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Dnj Offline

Sounds like its gonna be a great time for all in so many ways!!! Enjoy

#172652 - 02/11/04 02:37 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
When I lived in New Orleans for 33 years, 10 miles was a long drive. Now 1500 miles is a long drive. I like driving.

Mike the Bakersfield I drove through didn't compare with driving up the coast to get to my buddy's house in Salinas view wise.

In August Bakersfield was 112 degrees when we past through just like Las Vegas when we went through there that very same day...

The Carmel area never got over 73 degrees in the middle of the day in the middle of August. My buddy and everyone I spoke to said it was like that on the coast. They said if I went in-land 30 40 50 miles or so they said it would be 100 degrees. I think Bakersfield is in-land a bit.

In any event barring any unforseen occurences, I'll be there.

Scott don't laugh but "Lush Life" doesn't turn me on. I do just a few of the jazz charts. I'm really into the swing sandards like "All The Things You Are" "Darn That Dream" stuff nobody else plays. I lke a lot of the popular tunes too. "Stardust" and such.

If we can get DonM there I'll prove he and I can play Yakety Sax faster the Boots can. At least Don can. Ha Ha

#172653 - 02/11/04 02:54 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
DNA Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
If lurkers are allowed, I'd like to attend the May event.

#172654 - 02/11/04 03:35 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Matt Royer Music World, My Technics Dealer in Las Vegas advised me by email today that He will attend our SynthZone Jam if he doesn't have to work or has a big promotion going on.
Great Matt, it will be good to have you here.
Thanks for your E
Best to you in VEGAS
Bebop

#172655 - 02/11/04 03:37 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I got an email from somebody that wanted to know if the club is wheelchair accessable and my spam program deleted it because I had not yet marked that email friend. I lost the email.
Yes the club is wheelchair accessable, you can drive right in with the chair.
See you here.
Please send me another E and thanks
Bebop

#172656 - 02/11/04 03:44 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DNA:
If lurkers are allowed, I'd like to attend the May event.

DNA: 3 years as a registered Synthzone member and STILL only a lurker? 'shame on you'. Of course you're invited to attend, afterall, living in Fremont, you're practically Bebop's next door neighbor. Better start POSTING more though. - Scott

#172657 - 02/11/04 03:51 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi scott,i would like to make it in may but i won,t know until nearer the time,there is a lot of info i would need ,how far is venue from aeroport,accomodation nearby,transport,etc.if we could take in vegas at the same time that would be great,mike

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 02-11-2004).]

#172658 - 02/11/04 04:23 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
When Scott and I talked we thought we could all get to know each other personally and musically on Saturday with some performances. My wife would be up for singing and peforming with me.
Then on Sunday we could have some workshops (while my wife is going to enjoy Carmel)like:
- using vocal harmony,
- using the pitch bend and modulation weels,
- setting up your KB for peformances with memory regs,
- some techniqes on improvisation,
- how to emulate instruments on the KB that they sound realistic etc....

What do you think?

I like the idea of structuring the 2 day event the way Eric Bott has out-lined. A 'come one' 'come all' massive group arranger KB jam session is NOT what I had envisioned. Arranger keyboards were principally designed to be played as solo instruments, or with an added acoustic instrument or vocalist, so having many mutiple arranger keyboards played at once, and people playing at very different proficiency levels, or who specialize in very different musical genres/styles, would imho only create a cacophonic nightmare of noise.

I recommend instead, scheduling member performances throughout the day to allow each person to showcase their music (either solo or with other performers: vocals, acoustic instrumentalists, or duo arranger KBs), and then possibly followed by a group question/answer session, and then possibly a workshop held the following day to focus on learning specific playing techniques of that performer. If time permits, on the last day, for those interested, I suppose a massive group jam session might be arranged.

There's a lot of musical talent & diversity among us, so I feel that the above format will offer attendees the best opportunity to experience all the many different ways each of us uniquely plays our arranger kbs. Of course the big thing about having a Synthzone get together is the friendship & comraderie between fellow arranger keyboard enthusiasts, but I'd really like to find out now what each of you personally 'would like' to get out of an event like this. - Scott

#172659 - 02/11/04 05:02 PM Re: Proposal: Synthzone Arranger KB Member Get Together in: San Jose, CA !
trtjazz Offline

Scott,
I think something else worth considering workshop wise is recording and a midi primer. Also perhaps a laptop recording section overview maybe with Sonar.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online