Hi everyone,

After discussing the idea with Bill Forest aka 'Bebop' (SZ Technics forum moderator) we've decided to present the idea of holding a SZ Arranger Keyboard member & friends get together in San Jose, California. Bebop lives in a mobile home community which includes a clubhouse available for holding special events. The only thing required of clubhouse management is that a cleaning deposit be made, and this expense be divided among the attendees (approx. $10 per person).

A two day event would be a terrific opportunity for Synthzone members arranger keyboard enthusiasts who live on the West Coast (and beyond) to meet, play music, and pick up arranger playing tips from one another. As a pro player, I might present a concert and possibly even host a keyboard workshop as well. Hopefully other pro players and/or dealers will participate and offer their expertise as well. Attendee keyboard jam sessions would be another highlight of the event, but the real draw of this get together is the opportunity to hang out with other arranger keyboard enthusiasts and further the friendships we've made with each other on the Synthzone forum. This get together is NOT arranger brand/model specific. All arranger keyboard enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.

I really would love to see this West Coast Synthzone Arranger Keyboard Event happen, but the only way it will is if there is enough real interest from people to actually attend. Bebop & I have selected two available weekend dates in 2004 that the clubhouse is currently available: The weekend of May 22nd & 23rd, and the weekend of September 11th & 12th. The reasoning for these date choices is because the first date is a week before Memorial Day, and the second falls the weekend following Labor Day, offering better travel convenience (air, car, train) and possibly lower lodging rates & increased availability. Both Bebop's & my preferred choice would be the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd.

In addition to San Jose being centrally located, there are many wonderful tourist attractions within an easy drive: the beautiful Monterey Peninsula to the South, and San Francisco & the Wine Country to the North, and of course San Jose itself has many offerings as well.

I hope everyone here will seriously consider a trip to Northern California for what promises to be a fun filled Arranger keyboard weekend for all, and the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Bay Area as well. The weather in May is idea.

If there is enough serious interest in attending (over 15 people) we'll take it to the 'next' level. Please contribute your thoughts and let us know which of the above dates you would be able to attend. Thanks, - Scott Yee