SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#143078 - 06/14/06 05:42 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Recieved this email from Harmony Music in Boston England. "Thank-you for your last e-mail. That is the only demonstration C.D that we have at present – it is version 5. The only other thing we do have is a D.V.D of Franz Lambert playing the Louvre, which is on Version 6. This is £17.99 though."

Thanks for your demo Abacus. I dont mean to sound ungrateful but the demo you have kindly provided in terms of sound quality is still not very encouraging to my ears. I am probably just very hard to please. If the Demo CD that i have recieved is in fact version 5 and not version 2 or 3 then the OAS7 will have to be a massive technological improvement over version 5 to sound anything like a modern day arranger. I wish you well with your instrument Abacus and i know that you will find great joy from whatever instrument you use. Best of luck to you.

Worth

#143079 - 06/14/06 07:58 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Spalding
I have uploaded a PDF file of the Demo CD cover that I have, could you please compare it with the one you have, (Particularly the pictures) as if it is the same, then it is most definitely OAS 2 or 3.
Enjoy whatever you play.

Bill
http://rapidshare.de/files/23048007/Demo_CD.pdf.html

#143080 - 06/14/06 08:01 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Recieved this email from Harmony Music in Boston England. "Thank-you for your last e-mail. That is the only demonstration C.D that we have at present – it is version 5. The only other thing we do have is a D.V.D of Franz Lambert playing the Louvre, which is on Version 6. This is £17.99 though."

Thanks for your demo Abacus. I dont mean to sound ungrateful but the demo you have kindly provided in terms of sound quality is still not very encouraging to my ears. I am probably just very hard to please. If the Demo CD that i have recieved is in fact version 5 and not version 2 or 3 then the OAS7 will have to be a massive technological improvement over version 5 to sound anything like a modern day arranger. I wish you well with your instrument Abacus and i know that you will find great joy from whatever instrument you use. Best of luck to you.

Worth

The Demo CD you heard was not OAS 5 as that demo was out long, long before OAS 5 was even around. Just play a Wersi OAS 6 or 7 in person as that's the only way you'll truly know what it sounds like. MP3 demos suck IMO and in no way represent most keyboards well.

If you listen to Gigasampler, AKAI, Kontact, Native Instruments B4, Reason, Arturia, and other VST's and like their sounds then you will love the Wersi as it can play these sounds.

[This message has been edited by Ensnareyou (edited 06-15-2006).]

#143081 - 06/14/06 08:30 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Ketron User Offline

Comparing the WERSI with those plastic Japanese boxes is like comparing a RollsRoyce with a ordinary midclass-car.

It just make no sens.

I own a WERSI OAS 7, and I can only say :

"Nothings comes even close to my WERSI !!!"

(BTW, anybody wants to buy a Ketron and Yamaha ?)

Have fun everybody with your "plastic toys"

WERSI User.

#143082 - 06/14/06 08:43 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Dnj Offline

hey ketron user .....thanx for the morning laugh Wersi?

Can you please back up you statements by providing us with some WERSI Demos so I & others could compare them with my Plastic Tyros 2 let the masses be the judge?

Thanx

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-14-2006).]

#143083 - 06/15/06 04:09 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Listen to the DanishTyros2demo and compare it the dozens of Wersi demo's that have been posted here. The Tyros sounds great and its not just becuase of the contemporary styles used. If you can get a Wersi or Mediastation sounding anything like that then you have a real argument but all this talk and no result is getting tiresome.

#143084 - 06/15/06 11:39 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
abacus Offline

#143085 - 06/15/06 03:04 PM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
something is not right here bill. Did you or someone else create these files on a wersi instrument or not ? . The credits that appear on my real player indicate that at least some of these files were professionally done for commercial use. Can you clarify whether they were midi files that you then selcted the appropriate voices from your wersi and did whatever tweaking to ensure that the VST voices on the keyboard were balanced and EQ'd appropriately ? Or did you just play an mp3 of a studio produced demo using VST. There is a huge difference if the later as all you will have demonstrated is the skill of a studio technician mixed with the creativeness of a professional musician to produce an mp3 file.If thats so it just demonstrates precisely the problem with using VST in an arranger keyboard. It does not demonstrate the capability of the instrument. Just of the production team that put together the mp3. If the tyros demo uses the same method then i feel cheated as this does not demonstrate the capability of the machine. It just demonstrates the skill of the production team behind the mp3 of which neither you nor i have access to and so can never sound like that. May as well just put a cd in a cd player and mime.

#143086 - 06/15/06 11:39 PM Re: WERSI OAS demos
abacus Offline

Hello Spalding
If you look on the Danish Web site you will find the Artist mentioned in a lot of demos and Tyros 2 software, and to the right of these you will find the word admin not a music artist.
The demo was done professionally in a studio and then made into an mp3. (If you purchased the software you would probably find a midi file on the disc, which after you had loaded the new software, would play the Tyros 2 as in the demo, minus the voice)
The Wersi demos are midi files (I am not a professional musician and so could not play as good as this) that came with the software which my friend has installed on his Wersi Scala with OAS 6, (All Wersi instruments have the same sound engine) the Akai samples are converted to Wersi/Creamware sts format when they are loaded in the instrument.
All the best demos of instruments you hear are done in a studio first.
Hope this clears a few things up, and I apologise for not making this clearer. (I made the mistake of assuming that people new this, about all the high quality demos from manufactures)
I posted the Wersi demos to compare like with like.
BTW The licensing that came with the demo specified that if they were posted in the public domain, the creator must be indicated.
Speak to you soon.

Bill

#143087 - 06/16/06 01:16 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
thanks for that bill. So the T2 demo was done in a studio and not onboard the instrument and then the midi file created was played back through the instrument ? So the guitars were probably real guitars and then midi played into the T2 ? Thats really disappointing. I went to the site but could not understand any danish an hought that it was purely an enthusiasts site like this. I did not know that the creator was selling these files commercially. I knew that this recording technique ( doing it all offboard then selling the demo as though you could recreate it ) was done on manufacturers demo's but i was under the mistaken impression that this was just by an enthusiast like us doing a demo on the instrument. He may say he is not a music artist but those demos were as "pro" as they get and certainly better than even some of the manufacturers demos.Unfortunately it doesnt help anyone understand the capability of the machine and if what you say is true ( i have no reason not to believe you ) then i still feel cheated.Neither the danish yammy demo nor the wersi OAS demos help me understand the unstrument any better !!

The truest test is where a demo is done using the instruments onboard styles played live. I have heard the tyro 2 and the PAX1 live and they are very very impressive. The next best is hearing a recording of live playing ,again i have heard this of the yammy and Korg and was not disappointed.

Can you give me one last try bill by recording something contemporary on the wersi using either its internal styles or converted styles on Version OAS6 or 7 using different VST's to show how well the sound integrates ? I know you are not a pro , neither am i but i know when something sounds good and it is just the sound that i am interested in. I dont know how i am ever going to hear this instrument live but a recording is the next best.If the previous demos showing the styles were done using version 6 then I can stop this enquiry.

You have been very helpful and very gracious Bill. A true ambassador for Wersi an they should be grateful that someone is prepared to go further in promoting their instruments than their own dealership over here.

Cheers and best of luck.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online