Here is my honest opinion of sk880ps.
1) Price: I bought sk880ps with all options for about $3000. At that time, that was considered a remarkable price, truly unbeatable. Now you can get the same keyboard fully equipped (with harddrive), for less than $2000.
2) styles: very good. Some of the styles are remarkable especially those that were created later for WK8 and not adapted from WK4. Those "special" styles consists of some few select styles in 8beat, 16 beat and random others. Also the styles that were added in the flash banks. What's remarkable of the select 8-beat/ 16-beat styles are the strumming guitar. The sounds to make these strumming guitar are unique to Wk8/WK6/SK series. It is not found in WK4. Furthermore, these extra flash styles did not come or EVOLUTE from WK4. That is very important because if you take the same style from an older keyboard, you will lose something even if you RESEQUENCE, RESAMPLE or do whatever. And that is the problem with Wk8 and sk880 is that it takes SO MUCH from WK4. I heard them both and I cannot deny my ears.
Having said this about styles, in general the styles of WK8/sk series are old in comparison to the new ones. In particular, the fillings are not loud and dynamic enough. The lack of ballad styles is astounding, the concentration on funk/disco styles is not acceptable. So basically, it is time for new keyboard with new styles.
a) Accordions: Nice and so many to choose from.
b) woodwindsb and pipes: nice
c) violins: nice
d) strings: very nice
e) organs: church organ is very nice according to church organist. She even played BACH on it.
f) SAX: Liscio sax is very nice
a) Piano sound: not acceptable
b) Solo Nylon Guitar: yamaha PSR740 beats it big time!!!
c) Sweet trumpet on Yamaha beats all trumpet sounds
e) there is no equivalent ot sweet flute.
f) synth sounds are not that good
g) drum kits can be better.
In general, the sounds of Sk880 needs updating big time. They are acceptable but need updating especially the piano sound.
4) Oriental styles and sounds: you can buy an optional oriental disks and 1/4 tone adapter and they are EXCELLENT. I do not like the sound of Mismar and cerainly the Kanoun can be better.
5) Sequencer: best in class
6) organization: best in class
7) user interface: best in class
8) use for live performance: best in class
9) weight: over 90 lbs VERY BAD
10) optional vocal harmonizer: not good
11) Strongly strongly recommend the 8megs of battery backed dram. That is a must upgrade.
In conclusion, it is very clear that Genesys is promising to be the best keyboard ever. Basically, it kept all the good points of wk/sk series. The Question is, does Genesys address the problem of outdated styles and less than desirable quality of sounds? One of these days, I will listen to Genesys. I never got the chance to listen to any of Ketron keyboards. We do not have George Kay nearby.