SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178859 - 10/31/02 11:53 AM move from PSR9k to SD1 ... good idea??
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
I’ve played Yamaha arranger keyboards for 8 years and have had my PSR 9000 for over 2 years now. It's a great board ... yet I’m starting to have that urge to upgrade to something new and a little different. So my question is this, do you consider the SD1 somewhat of an upgrade compared to my 9000? I haven’t seen or heard one live but I’ve been trying to gather information on the web and I was able to find the user’s manual. Seems to have all the bells and whistles. Funny though, I can’t seem to find a closeup picture of it anywhere. The manual doesn’t have one either. The little pictures you find everywhere don’t really show the buttons and the screen. Another question, … I live in San Diego and I’ve tried finding an SD1 at a couple Guitar Centers in my area; unfortunately none of them stock Ketron keyboards can you believe it. I would really like to try out an SD1 if possible this weekend. Is anyone out there familiar with my area and knows of a store that has an SD1? I know (from hearsay on this board) that George Kay has one in his store but I don’t want to drive 2 ½ hours if I don’t have to. Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

#178860 - 10/31/02 01:07 PM Re: move from PSR9k to SD1 ... good idea??
trtjazz Offline

Evan,
I bet George Kaye up in Reseda has one....George?
Terry

#178861 - 10/31/02 01:23 PM Re: move from PSR9k to SD1 ... good idea??
Dnj Offline

I would also suggest you look at the Ketron XD9, coming from a PSR9k with 61 keys.

#178862 - 10/31/02 07:36 PM Re: move from PSR9k to SD1 ... good idea??
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes,
I do have the SD1's in my store along with the XD9, Korgs, Rolands, Yamaha's, Generalmusics, etc. I have a lot of customers buying from me from the San Diego area. There might be one or two other dealers between San Diego and LA, but I can tell you that I know this product really well and can give you a great demonstration. Call me if you are interested in coming up to LA.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
19369 Victory Blvd.
Reseda, California 91335
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#178863 - 11/01/02 06:54 PM Re: move from PSR9k to SD1 ... good idea??
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Evangelical:
I’ve played Yamaha arranger keyboards for 8 years and have had my PSR 9000 for over 2 years now. It's a great board ... yet I’m starting to have that urge to upgrade to something new and a little different. So my question is this, do you consider the SD1 somewhat of an upgrade compared to my 9000? I haven’t seen or heard one live but I’ve been trying to gather information on the web and I was able to find the user’s manual. Seems to have all the bells and whistles. Funny though, I can’t seem to find a closeup picture of it anywhere. The manual doesn’t have one either. The little pictures you find everywhere don’t really show the buttons and the screen. Another question, … I live in San Diego and I’ve tried finding an SD1 at a couple Guitar Centers in my area; unfortunately none of them stock Ketron keyboards can you believe it. I would really like to try out an SD1 if possible this weekend. Is anyone out there familiar with my area and knows of a store that has an SD1? I know (from hearsay on this board) that George Kay has one in his store but I don’t want to drive 2 ½ hours if I don’t have to. Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

Just like Evangelical said... where can we find a closeup picture of SD1 showing the buttons and the screen?...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online