SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#118916 - 10/20/03 02:11 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
Another kooky thing that Idatrod said is that people in India get their B12 from eating insects from their unwashed vegetables. I mean come on!

I know hundreds of people from India. My spiritual organization is centered in Chicago and New Delhi. I've been to India. I'm not the biggest fan of Indian food or the Indian lifestyle. Too much curry. Too much dangerous driving on narrow streets. But we have a lot of Indian friends here in Chicago and in parts of India, and I've washed pots while they have cooked many many times. Let me tell you that they don't eat bugs.

Beakybird

On the contrary Beakybird those were not my words but the words of a well respected Naturopathy Doctor: Stephen Byrnes PHD RNCP ND.

Here is the link to his article:
http://www.westonaprice.org/myths_truths/myths_truths_vegetarianism.html

PS: The only thing kooky about this whole thing is your total lack of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the truth.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink as the old adage goes; ie., "The truth can plainly be put before your eyes but only you can decide if you want to believe the truth or not. I'm through saying anymore to you. If you want to go ahead and believe a lie so be it. My conscience is clear of the matter. At least I had the guts and empathy to try to set you straight. Continue in your folly if you must but at least the truth (reality) HAS BEEN SHOWN to you. But apparently you like living in a fantasy world. I really take offense when you try and propagate your lie to possibly unsuspecting others though.

Mike

#118917 - 10/20/03 03:26 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Vegetarians should take B12 supplements.
Star

#118918 - 10/20/03 10:02 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Beakybird Offline

Sorry for calling you kooky Mark. I appreciate your contributions about music and gear. But I beg to differ about your dietary beliefs.

If Indians need to get their B12 from bugs, then wealthier Indians who benefit from better sanitation would be suffering from B12 deficiency. This is not the case. B12 is found in dairy.

The Silk soy milk I drink is fortified with B12, 50% of the USDA per serving.

I am happy that I have chosen a diet that is likely to prolong my life. And if I do live to a ripe old age, being vegetarian halves my risk of getting Alzheimers - a loathesome disease. See http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat/cat/health/37376/2/collapsed/5/o/1.

Beakybird

#118919 - 10/20/03 10:22 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, congratulations on the fish. And I'm glad you changed the subject.
Max and I went out last weekend for a while but the steering cable on my boat snapped and now I have to try to repair it. It's always something.
I don't believe low fat diets work. Just eat less of everything. Most foods that say Low-fat, really mean High-sugar or high calorie.
Woops I forgot and discussed food again.
Don

#118920 - 10/21/03 01:05 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
KN_Fan Offline

Hey! We talk about arrangers all the time, it's nice to switch topics once in a while. After all we are all friends here!

I said it before- I said it again, everything in moderation. Heck, there was a time I felt like eating Chinese buffet on Friday night, Chinese dim sum on Saturday morning, and BLT, fruit shake and french fries on Sunday..ya know what..I DID! No biggie, by Monday I was on that treadmill and universal machine again, lifting weights

Splurge once in a while...rest of the time, behave and just nibble your favorite foods in moderation. Commit yourself to walking (3.5-4 miles/hour for 20 minutes)and a little weight lifting (like 5-10 minutes with 10-15 lbs dumbell)..of course everybody is different. My 30 minute twice a week work out seems to work fine for me (I'm only 31 years old btw )

#118921 - 10/21/03 05:25 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Aw, you're just a baby ! Wait till you cross the 40 mark ...... everything changes.
(Who said that??? Is my father here??? )

#118922 - 10/21/03 08:38 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Its funny when there are not many NEW PRODUCTS around that we all diversify into other subjects.
WHAT ABOUT THE NEW KORG PA1X ????

My wife wants to know,does any of you do machine embroidery ??

Graham UK

#118923 - 10/21/03 11:12 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
KN_Fan Offline

That's right actually "UNCLE" Dave (PUN intended )

When I hit 30 I felt that my metabolism was slowing too...funny, I belong to a different message board and I think even at the triton studio board people were much closer or either much younger than me...he.he...man I hit that age bracket where I'm too old for some, to young for the other...*sigh*

#118924 - 10/21/03 12:11 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Hey Scott, sorry guys, can't let this one go...There is only 1 God my friend....and HE not only has the market on the truth...he is the truth....you might have been joking, so sorry if I went over the Top, but just setting the record straight...some stuff isn't funny...

#118925 - 10/21/03 06:08 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
B2, Amen to that..

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online