SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#118876 - 10/16/03 07:47 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Mike,

If you could break it in a number of readable-size chunks, you could beat Uncle Dave in the number of posts.

Regards,
Alex

#118877 - 10/16/03 08:07 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Mike.

My testimony is not based in books; is my proper experience. I am overcoming the battle against my cancer(spino celular) with a very HARD vegetarian diet. It is not a conjecture.
It is my reality.

Chico

#118878 - 10/16/03 09:01 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Atkins has worked very well for my wife and me. I've lost nearly 50 pounds, and she has lost about 30. She has been able to eliminate her blood pressure medicine, which she was on for more than two years.
I've slowly added enough carbs back in to maintain what I've lost, and I'm not gaining it back. We have just joined a health club and will begin working out, but I've had practically no exercise other than loading equipment every day.
DonM

#118879 - 10/16/03 09:17 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wow....did anyone actually READ Mikes diatribe? Too long for me. Hope I didn;t miss anything good.
Atkins since July 21st:
down 35 lbs
energy WAY up
chothes at least a size smaller, sometimes 2 sizes - Everything is loose on me.( I don't remember EVER saying that b4)

I am sticking to the strict side of the induction phase with minor modifications, and only rarely. When I get hungry ... it's celery, hard boiled eggs, or a 2 carb Atkins shake that keeps me at bay till the next meal.
I can't knock it ..... Even at my ritzy affairs .... there is always a healthy, low carb way to eat without making me look like an outcast. I haven't had a piece of bread except for the (communion host at Mass) since the summer and I haven't touched any sweets either.
That's HUGE for me.
Fortunaly, I no longer am!

(There's a roast beef in the crock pot as we speak ..... gettin ready to be my dinner ! )

#118880 - 10/16/03 11:16 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Drink more beer--it's good for you. Look at the ingredients. It's same thing that's in Wheaties. The only difference is fermentation. Thanks you Adolph Coors.

Cheers from a fat, old man,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#118881 - 10/16/03 11:50 AM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a previous thread I wrote about how skeptical I am about Atkins (and other radical diets): http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/006445.html

Loosing weight in a healthy manner is extremely easy if one has the will. Just follow the main guidelines, reducing all foods that bring lots of calories: sugars, everything fried, somes kinds of fat. I essencially modified my eating habits. Less fat sauces, cheese, milk, red meat, more fish, a much bigger amount of vegetables, fruits, moderation of carbohydrates if I'm really into reducing weight. I'm not a vegetarian, but I can perfectly live without meat (and in fact I eat less and less meat). Well cooked vegetarian food is delicious! And I've know many vegetarians (by religious belief), all of them where healthy and fit. And apart from being healthier (so I believe), it's also much better for the environment.

-- José.

[This message has been edited by matias (edited 10-16-2003).]

#118882 - 10/16/03 12:16 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There are almost as many opinions about proper diet as there are people. You can find "valid" research to suppost just about anything, and also rebuttals for all that information. I just know what worked (works) for me.
DonM

#118883 - 10/16/03 12:41 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Wow....did anyone actually READ Mikes diatribe? Too long for me. Hope I didn;t miss anything good.

It's ALL good Dave.

Sorry for the lengthy article but I felt I should post the whole thing instead of bits and pieces. Posting the 'whole' article says it 'all' IMO. And the facts speak for themselves really.

Posted originally by ChicoBrasil:

"I am overcoming the battle against my cancer(spino celular) with a very HARD vegetarian diet. It is not a conjecture.
It is my reality."

More power to you Chico! I would try any avenue I could to beat that terrible disease.
I hope you get well very soon!! My deepest regards to you and and your family through this difficult time in your life. Be strong and courageous Chico. I expect you to whip this thing.

Best regards,
Mike

#118884 - 10/16/03 12:45 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure, Don, and I surely do not claim to have the most valuable opinion here. Besides, I'm no doctor, and even among experts, the controversy is generalized.

My only points are:

* Not everything that "works" (or seems to work) is good for me. In a lot of domains there are many ways to answer a specific question. I need to understand HOW it works, before I decide if it's good or not for me.

* I will not choose a radical, expensive and potencially dangerous diet when I know I can achieve the same results in a natural, free, and risk free manner.

I know Aktins and many other diets work for a lot of people. That's why it's so popular, and that's why the man became a millionary. But there's no miracle in it, and it's not the best way to be healthy (IMO, of course. I'm only a non expert guy that makes up his mind with the data he gets to understand.

-- José.

#118885 - 10/16/03 12:48 PM Re: How's your Diet Progressing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike: I'm going to read your post tonight, before going to sleep. Very curious about the content...

-- José.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online