SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#109193 - 07/16/03 03:21 PM Korg Pa1X Pro Information
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
My Korg Rep just left me with my first information regarding the Pa1X Pro. There were no pictures but rather a Feature and Benefit Sheet. The keyboard will be available in October and the Retail Price will be $4300.00 and the MAP will be $3499.00. As most of you know, the MAP price is the Minimum Advertized Price stores are allowed to list a product for on the internet or in Company mailers.
The keyboard has 76 Semi Weighted Keyboard and no speakers. "Korg has provided the best-weighted piano shaped keybed available-design and built in Europe". Velocity and Aftertouch sensing are included.
There will now be a Color TouchView Interface Screen with a Bright 320.240 display. When the PA80 was developed, Korg Italy used the Chip from the Triton but used the interface experience of most other Italian keyboard Companies. That's why the PA80 seemed so similar to the Generalmusic WK series interface. After all, the head engineer for the PA80 came from Generalmusic previous to his job at Korg. Now, with the Pa1X, the familiar Triton interface will surface in this new product. Included will be on-screen help menus.
Flexible Control Surface which is the color of the Triton, sleek and all metal chassis will include 8 multi-function assignable faders, joytick, four assignable switches, bright blue LED indicators and more.
The nw RX sound Technology has over 1000 sounds of which 780 are preloaded. The benefit sheet states "Delivers rich and natural acoustic sounds. Uses five oscillators per voice and multi-level sampling to include acoustic instrument "ornaments" -hammer-ons, bends, etc. I was told that although the engine is basically a Triton, enhancements were done to make the acoustic instruments even more realistic. My rep told me that he thought the Trombone was amazing as he started out as a Trombone player and that he had never heard such realism in a Trombone sample before.
TC-Helicon Vocal Effects plus Four Stereo Effect Processors. This recognized brand name means quality in the vocal effects section. TC-Helicon effects for the vocal input include 4 part harmony, reverb, compressor, EQ. Upgradable to include Pitch Correction and Vocal Modeling. According to my rep, the vocal modeling will be to actually change the harmony to include different human voice sounds. 4 Programmable stereo effect processors cover everything from reverb to rotary and much more.
Enhanced Style Functions. 608 style locations with 360 pre-loaded styles. Each style features 8 accompaniment parts (tracks). Style patterns may be up to 32 bars long. Now includes 3 intros, 3 fill ins, 4 variations, 2 endings, count-in, tap-tempo, reset and fade in/out.
STS single touch settings, four per song. This instantly assigns new sounds to the four realtime keyboard parts -3 upper and 1 lower.
320 performance settings. A single performance can recall the style and the 4 sts settings assigned to the style.
All new SongBook Feature. Creates a searchable data base of your songs and settings. Search for songs by title, composer or genre. Instantly recall the sounds, styles, effects, transpose and tempo settings to re-create any song.
Multi-Channel Backing Sequencer. Instantly lay down eight backing parts and up to four realtime tracks simultaneously.
Easy editing of Backing Sequencer. Inset or change chords, chord types, and bass notes. Also insert style and performance changes, add fills and breaks, even add tempo changes.
Unique XDS Dual Sequencer with independent transport controls. Load one sequencer from the disk while playing back the other sequencer. DJ style cross fader allows smooth and immediate transitions from song to song in real time. This feature is also on the PA80.
Jukebox Mode. Create a Jukebox file and the Pa1X Pro will play through all the songs in your set list.
16 Track Sequencer. Real time or Step Entry/Edit modes. Play and Edit SMF sequences created on other products.
16 bit, 48KHZ Sampling with time slice/time stetch. The Pa1X Pro can load AIFF, Wave, Triton or Akai sample and multi-sample data. I've been told it should come with 16MB and be expandable to 32MB using SIMMS.
Internal Hard Drive is included. I don't know how big yet!
SMF compatible with full lyrics and you can install an optionsl VIF3 for video lyric output.
Dedicated Vocal and Audio Inputs. Two 1/4" and 1 XLR with variable gain. Mic input allows you to access the TC Helicon Vocal Effects. Stereo audio inputs are available for sampling live.
4 Assignable audio outputs. In addition to the stereo outputs, two extra mono outputs allow flexible options both for recording and live performance.
Digital Connectivity. S/PDIF coasial digital output for direct connection to other digital geat. USB connection port to share files between a PC and internal hard drive.
Two things I don't know yet is the polyphony as to 64 voice or more and I don't know if you can still use the Flash cards in the Pa1X to access the arabic/turkish sounds and styles or Drum sounds. I did ask and was told that styles made for the PA80 will be compatible.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 07-16-2003).]
(Retired 2021)

#109194 - 07/16/03 03:31 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Clif Anderson Offline

Impressive. It sounds like they went all out for vocal harmony--maybe allowing the VoiceCraft upgrade that transforms a VoicePrism into a VoicePrism Plus. I wonder what the onboard sample ROM figure is. The sample RAM seems too limited.

#109195 - 07/16/03 04:35 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
George, Thanks for the update.

#109196 - 07/16/03 05:48 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Thanks George for the info! The cost you metioned is for the 76 key model and not the 61 model right?

Thanks again!
Johnny

#109197 - 07/16/03 06:52 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Dnj Offline

How much does it weigh?

#109198 - 07/16/03 09:26 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There is no 61 key model that I am aware of, only 76. I do not know the weight. I will try to find out more asap.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#109199 - 07/16/03 09:56 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
George, thanks you for posting the feature list of the Pa1-XPro. I was hoping for the "Spec" list but it was very informative none the less. And I am sure there is bunches of other features besides the ones you listed. I guess we'll have to wait for NAMM to find out more about the Specs.

The price sounds reasonable for a 76 Key Workstation that is feature packed like the Pa1-XPro. I agree with Clif though in that the Sample RAM seems very limited in today's Keyboard market.

Of course I will be passing on the Pa1-XPro and wait for the Pa1-X, the (61 Key version with onboard speakers). I guess your Rep didn't give you any info on it. It is probably still in the Development stage and won't be available until maybe the summer of 2004 I would reckon.

Ugghh, I've got to wait probably another year yet before my 'Arranger' ship comes in. In the mean time maybe Yammie or one of the other Manufacturers will release something earth shattering and mind-boggling in the world of Arranger Keyboards. The Motif ES is sure looking better and better and even though it's not an Arranger it does have some Arranger type features. I will just keep my Y2K for now I suppose and use it for most of my Studio work (working on songs, doodlin', composing, etc.), and if I get the Mo' ES I will use it exclusively in my Band where I never use any Arranger type Accompaniment features any ways. Decisions, decisions.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 07-16-2003).]

#109200 - 07/16/03 10:35 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
I was hoping the PA1-X (61 keys) would be out before x-mas but next year? I just could not wait that long. I passed on the Tyros for this machine but if the 61 key model is due next summer, oh boy!! The $3499.00 for the 76 model? That's scary. I wish they do like Yamaha does, releasing both models at almost the same time. Example: PSR 1000/2000, 640/740... ETC.

Johnny

#109201 - 07/17/03 06:18 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Thank u George for the update.
I fear my next boared is gonna be Pa1x,cus
it is going to have sampler.I looove sampling
to create my own music.
George,what about the mp3 or audio?

#109202 - 07/17/03 06:42 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Pro Information
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Islander:
The $3499.00 for the 76 model? That's scary.

John....What did you expect to pay for a new Top KB like this with all these features?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online