SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#163267 - 07/15/03 02:54 PM PSR2000 vocal harmony
MusicJohn Offline

Loc: Garner, NC, USA
I just purchased a used PSR2000 which is working great, but I must be doing somethign drastically wrong with the vocal harmonizer. I cant seem to get very much volume and I get a bzzing sound that sounds like I have somethign incorrectly connected.....HELP!!!!

Thanks John

------------------
MusicJohn

#163268 - 07/15/03 04:19 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Does the mic work at all without the harmonizer? If not, sounds like you have a balanced mic into an unbalanced input or some similar problem. The 740 has an unbalanced input but dunno about the 2000, though I suspect it's the same.

Bryan

#163269 - 07/15/03 04:34 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
MusicJohn Offline

IT worksa bout the same volume with or without the harmonizer. How do I balance the two together? I dont see anything in the manual, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks John

#163270 - 07/15/03 06:37 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John,

On the back of the keyboard, next to the mic volumc control, there's a switch that says mic/line. Make sure that switch is set to the mic position. Sounds like you're in the line position, which would account for your problem.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#163271 - 07/15/03 07:43 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
A couple of other things to check:
1. Hit Mic Setting on the keyboard and check the balance wheel at the bottom of the screen. It may be set too low for you.
2. This may be way too obvious, but just to be sure, try adjusting the master mic volume knob next to the mic input jack on the back.
3. And finally, on the main screen, check the mic volume slider to be sure it is not set too low.
4...oops, one more: Be sure your Talk Button on the keyboard is turned OFF.
Eddie

[This message has been edited by btweengigs (edited 07-15-2003).]

#163272 - 07/16/03 05:56 AM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
MusicJohn Offline

I want to thank all of you who have given me suggestions. I have tried all of them. Here is the latest: I am able to get more volume by checking and adjusting everything mentioned. the volume is not great, and I still get a buzz and a high pitched squel(sp?). Since I tried two of my 3 mics, I have been thinking that it is the keyboard. I have not tried my most expensive micrphone, but I need to get an adapter first. I will do this and try it. I will aslo open up the mics to see if there is a missing ground connector or that it is wired improperly. I am guessing that the input is looking for a high impedance input? I will place a note here, as soon as I try this last thing.

TTY Soon.

P.S> If anyone has anything else for me to check let me know. Thanks

------------------
MusicJohn

#163273 - 07/16/03 06:17 AM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
If it's anything like the 740, you need to connect your mic with a mono jack olug, tip to one side of the mic and sleeve to the other side.

Bryan

#163274 - 07/17/03 01:12 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MusicJohn:
I want to thank all of you who have given me suggestions. I have tried all of them. Here is the latest: I am able to get more volume by checking and adjusting everything mentioned. the volume is not great, and I still get a buzz and a high pitched squel(sp?).. I am guessing that the input is looking for a high impedance input?

P.S> If anyone has anything else for me to check let me know. Thanks

John, are your Mics Dynamic Mics or are they Condenser? If they are Condenser Mics then you will need "Phantom Power" to make them work correctly. Also the squeal your getting sounds an awful lot like 'feedback' from the Mic.

PS: My Shure Beta 87A Mic is a 'Low' impedance Microphone and I have no problem whatsoever with it functioning properly on my PSR 2000's Mic Input. If your Mics are high impedance there may be a problem but I am not certain about that.

Best regards,
Mike

#163275 - 07/17/03 01:22 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
MusicJohn Offline

Mike,

Actually I believe that they are High impedance mics. My SHure is a low impedance mic but it has a low impedance connector on it. The PSR2000 has a standard 1/4 plug, of which I have always known to be high impedance. That is why I never even thought of it being low impedance. TOmorrow I am goign to check the connections on the mics and if they seem okay, I am goign to go down to the music store and buy a matching adapter. I really dont want to change the adapter out,as I use this microphone in my PA head.

My plan was to come out of the 2K an go into the PA head.

Thanks and I will give everyone feedback after tomorrow.

John

------------------
MusicJohn

#163276 - 07/17/03 02:45 PM Re: PSR2000 vocal harmony
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The mic that works best for me is an inexpensive, unidirectional, Dynamic, 600 ohm impedience model. In the states, they can be purchased at Radio Shack for about $20. Model number is 33-3005. They have lots of gain, no feedback problems and sound great for vocals.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online