SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108198 - 03/19/07 02:58 PM Embarrasing performance blunders
zuki Offline

Recent one:

The 3K music rack (with book) fell at the feet of the person in the front row during a song.....every one gasped

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#108199 - 03/19/07 04:32 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Ya, but did you hurt the book???

Don't you love it when stuff like that happens. I couldn't believe it when it happened to my PSR2000.

The solution? I posted the questions a few years ago when it happened to me on the Yahoo groups Yamaha style forum. It was suggested to used what they called sticky tack. It's the soft putty type stuff in the office supply department that you can use to stick posters ect on the wall. It comes in yellow and blue.

Anyway, you stick it where your music rack slips into the keyboard. I thought, what the heck, give it a try. It worked! After awhile it seemed like the rack got seated better and I never had to add anymore.

Otherwise, I know over on psrtutorial someone made a re-enforced music rack that would probably also solve that problem. Either that or a floor music stand.

Yamaha needs to improve those racks on the PSR's. But then again, it's probably part of their marketing stategy to make people want to have a Tyros 2. That's the way it was done in the home organ business for years. I can't tell you how many people traded their organ up and spent a lot of money just to get a different bench, music rack, etc.

I'm glad to hear you're at it again and doing well

Scott http://ScottLMusic.com

#108200 - 03/19/07 05:08 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Recent one:

The 3K music rack (with book) fell at the feet of the person in the front row during a song.....every one gasped

zuki

how embarassing....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-19-2007).]

#108201 - 03/19/07 05:21 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was told today by my repair tech that the PSR-S900, which should arrive sometime in late August in this part of the world, has a heavy-duty music rack, more rugged case, expanded onboard memory, and lots of other neat features.

One of the neat things he told me about was Yamaha's newest testing equipment that will actually allow their tech to trouble shoot individual components of all the printed circuit boards, thereby lowering repair costs by replacing only the failed components instead of the entire printed circuit board. This should also improve turn-around time for board repairs as well. The only downside is this will only be available to customers who opt to return their boards directly to Yamaha in California, or in some of the major cities where Yamaha has major repair centers.

The next few months should be interesting.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#108202 - 03/19/07 06:24 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
MarcK Offline

Ah but of course there will be SOME catch....Yamaha needs to make sure people will one day upgrade from the S900 as well...I'm guessing that instead of the typical AC adaptor, this thing will require coal...

[This message has been edited by MarcK (edited 03-19-2007).]

#108203 - 03/19/07 07:42 PM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
chony Offline

Loc: New York
My most embarrassing moment:

I have a whole prerecorded high energy pumping introduction I play along with to introduce the bride and groom. Half way through the introduction, I accidentally hit a registration button which cut straight to a slow ballad style.

An unsalvageable embarrassment.

Can anyone top that?

Chony

#108204 - 03/20/07 12:40 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I once sang in a choir whose conductor was accident and error prone and when she sang solo would forget words.
The audiences loved her as she had the uncanny knack to turn everything into an enjoyable experience for the audience through her personality and stage craft.
I have learnt from her and now do not worry when things go wrong but use it to my advantage with humour and any thing at my disposal and have a good time.
Murphy's law always prevails.

Cousin Ken

#108205 - 03/20/07 01:11 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree. Eventhough one must be deft at sliding over mistakes, I have found ,in later years,that turning an obvious mistake into a joke on yourself,adds a bit of levity, and makes you human.

Bernie

#108206 - 03/20/07 06:38 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Anything which helps to convince the audience that you are actually playing the thing and not some sort of Deejay has to be a good thing

#108207 - 03/20/07 06:54 AM Re: Embarrasing performance blunders
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
Anything which helps to convince the audience that you are actually playing the thing and not some sort of Deejay has to be a good thing

We are all DJ's of a ought like it or not in todays music world...think about it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online