SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190941 - 03/26/07 08:05 AM ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Dnj Offline

I was going to transfer some MP3 tunes from my PC to my new iPOD 5th gen 30G player...

My question is will the Song titles be "EXCACTLY" the same after I transfer them to the iPOD as they are listed on my PC/LT alphabetically so I can scroll thru them the same as my ....I hope I dont have to redo them all for some stupid reason...
also can I transfer folders also besides Individual songs on one list?

thanks

#190942 - 03/26/07 11:28 AM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi dnj
that's how it works on my ipod 4g..i had an old mp3 library that i transferred across to the itunes song library..all the names were the same, same order, same folders...the only difference was the extension changed from mp3 to aac (i had to convert them to run on the ipod)....and whenever i transfer to th actual ipod the songs go over in the same way as listed in the itunes library..
dennis

#190943 - 03/26/07 11:59 AM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Dnj Offline

Thanx for confusing me further !!!

But lets say I have the song on my PC or LT titles

Song Sung Blue.mp3

when transferred to the ipod & btw I would assume the only way is thru Itunes?.....will it look EXCACTLY the same TITLE on the iPod when I search for the song?

& regarding folders......is there an extra step to open the folder first to see its contents I would assume like on a PC?

thanx

#190944 - 03/26/07 12:16 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hi,
I pod is simply a piece of shit in maners of transfering files.
If u want peace of mind get rid of i soon.
Dnj hope i didnt confuse u further.lol !!!!

#190945 - 03/26/07 01:36 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Dnj Offline

Mmmmmmmmmm Shakeeel......would you like to elaborate on your bad experiences? Most users I talk to enjoy their Ipod 30G Video 5th Gen very much....

Whats sup?

#190946 - 03/26/07 02:26 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LOVE my iPod.
LOVE IT, love it, love it.!>!>!>!>!>!
It's reliable and the software has been bugfree since day one.
Just drag the files into the playlist, and then add the artist names and the genre etc for more search options. The titles will all be the same .... even the long ones.

It's been 100% productive for me every day I've had it.

#190947 - 03/26/07 02:43 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
miden Offline

hey dnj, sorry m8, didnt mean to do that...when you transfer the file, and if you want to be able to tranfer it to the ipod, you must use itunes and convert it to the apple format AAC..your songsungblue.mp3 simply becomes songsungblue.aac thats it..i for one have had no problems at all with my ipod..reliable lots and lots of hours on one battery charge (which is the same for all gen2 and above products)itunes songs are so cheap compared to the other alternatives out here...hope that helps
dennis
oh and btw just a tip...if converting your own CD's just change the default 128kbps in itunes to the 192kbps..for some reason 192kbps is the REAL sweetspot for the aac format in conversions...doesn't matter much really for existing mp3's as the conversion does not improve or destroy the quality already in the file...ie converting an 128kbps mp3 to say a 192kbps aac file wont make it sound any better, just makes a bigger file!!!

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 03-26-2007).]

#190948 - 03/26/07 03:30 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Dnj Offline

"The information on the iPod is based completely on the ID3 tags. If you have good ID3 tags you can brose by Genre, Album, artist, Composer, song.

Song, Genre, Artist are all in alphabetical order. Albums are in alphabetical order, but then selecting a single album has it in track order if the tags are there to support it.

If you transfer playlists, the playlists will be in the order you place them.

Remember you must use iTunes or some other program to transfer to the iPod. note that you must have ID3 tags. Filenames mean nothing.".................

Can someone explain this to me further re: IDtags...?

#190949 - 03/26/07 03:47 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
miden Offline

i have just been looking at my songlists in itunes, and its interesting that the info field shows no ID3 at all for aac files, but lists it for mp3 files, so perhaps it is only the track name that gets transfered and you need to enter the information on imported mp3's yourself...i know that when you import a CD you get the chance to add info, artist track etc etc online, it takes about 1/2 second per track...btw dnj a polite response to my last message would have been nice!! i am only trying to help...you just completely ignored it..you could have said well, thanks, but thats not the information i am after

#190950 - 03/26/07 04:39 PM Re: ot/ iPOD Song Titles Transfer Question please
Dnj Offline

I thanked you twice in my previous post with included smily faces too ....sorry you feel that way....maybe I shouldnt of posted it here at all.....

live & learn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online