SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 26 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107677 - 08/23/06 07:22 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
holy cow, all the accordian players coming out of the closet...
WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT THIS THREAD TO BED?

#107678 - 08/23/06 07:39 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

why we've had much longer threads then this just on AMERICAN IDOL last time
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012877.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-23-2006).]

#107679 - 08/23/06 08:09 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
MrEd Offline

Tony, Donny, Jam on!

The squeeze is marching into a town near you.

My pack of merry marchers are leaving tonight, we should be there b4 the 1st snow.

#107680 - 08/23/06 08:30 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Ed take pics for us

#107681 - 08/24/06 08:21 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Beakybird Offline

Thank you Mr Ed for your interest into my wherabouts.

All is well, and I am enjoying my PSR3000.

I am feeling guilty for not inquiring into Scott Yee's health, even though it looks like he's all better now.

I am a little bored, waiting for the successor to the PSR3000. I have had it for two years, and it's a great keyboard, but I want the excitement of new sounds, new styles, and new features.

I am performing with my PSR3000, Crowne CM311A mic, and pair of Yamaha MSR100 speakers throughout the Chicago area, doing the nursing and retirement home circuit. Business is good, but it is a little challenging being the sole income earner with a musician's income - you know, wife, daughter, private preschool, house, two cars, yada yada yada.

Regarding this post, I have not had the fortune of trying out the Tyros 2 yet. I have visited several Sam Ash's and Guitar Centers, and they never have it.

The Tyros 2 styles sound fantastic on the PSR3000. I would posit that the elderly audience I perform for would not discern the difference between the two keyboards, but I would. I'm sure that I would relish the super articulation voices and other features found on the Tyros.

I am sad that the PSR3000 has been out for two years, and Yamaha still hasn't come out with the next model. It's a bummer. I am especially hoping that my keyboard doesn't break down at an important show, since it has a lot of miles on it.

I hope the apparently reliable info from Ianmcl, or whoever, isn't true - that I will have to wait until next spring for the next PSR model. Hopefully it will be out this winter.

I'd love to meet up with you, Mr. Ed - or any synthzone member, at one of my shows. Give me some dates, and I'll tell you where I'm going to be.

I forgot where you live, Mr. Ed. I live in Woodridge, Illinois now.

Beakybird

#107682 - 08/24/06 11:36 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
MrEd Offline

Hello Beakybird!
Its very good to hear from you. I'm gald that everything is going well.

PSR 3000/Replacement.
Yes, many of us are waiting, impatiently to see whats going to be on the 3000's replacement.
I use the 3000 too and I am very happy with it. Mine has low miles. If something should malfunction with your board, you can use mine. I will email info to you on how to contact me for something like that. Its a good board though with many users around here. I don't recall hearing about anybody having a show stopper with it.

I don't have need for using half of the functions on the 3000, just good voices and auto-accompaniment. For me to upgrade to TYROS level, or even to the next PSR, I'm really not shure what more I would want out of it.
76 keys with 3 split points that can be saved to a registration, and maybe direct "on" board eq + vol controls would probably do it for me.
Right now, I'm more concerned with amplification, to get the sound quality that I know is there in the 3000, out to the public and even overpower my son's rock band

Beaky, I'm in southwest Chicago, just off I55. The day job has me mostly along the I88 corridor, between Westchester on the east and Naperville on the west, Downers and Lisle alot.

I will email you to find out what you have going in the near future around the western burbs.
I can never find music players/entertainers around here that use arrangers and thats a real bummer.
Through the accordion club, I find out where the midi/arranger accordion players are but thats about it as far as 1 or 2-man entertainers go.

I'll be in touch.

Ed

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-24-2006).]

#107683 - 08/24/06 01:16 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
One thing that many people dont realise about the Tyros 2 is that quiet a number of the sounds that have the identical name to Tyros1 have been improved for T2...for example the sweet trumpet and the accordion. Then go count the number of sweet live and cool sounds on T1 and PSR3000 and compare to the number on T2....the difference is HUGE... And thats not taking into account the 42 s. Art sounds of T2... Having 400 of the best possible styles at your command makes u a maestro... 120 new multipads that for the first time make use of mega voicing...which itself was increased....i think the T2 terminates both T1 and PSR3000

#107684 - 08/24/06 01:29 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
For me the best thing about the T2 is the ability to load in your own WAV files.
If you all think the sweet, mega and SA sounds are good, try creating your own samples. They don't even have to be huge amounts of megabytes. I've got a 5mb alto sax and I think it's even more realistic than the SA sax, it's got more warmth to it.
Because these samples are stored as TVN files you can also give the styles parts access to these sounds. Swapping the guitars, sax, piano etc from the styles to your own sampled sounds brings a whole new life to the styles, not that they were ever bad to start off with, but once you try it there's no going back.

#107685 - 08/24/06 04:11 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Oh man Tony dont get me started.....now Im in the mood to do some bellow shakes to LADY OF SPAIN!!!! followed by a good version of GRANADA, TWO GUITARS & then
TICO TICO

... followed bt The Jolly Caballero - NO NOT the GAY Caballero .... the Jolly Caballero started with a chromatic chord run from the high register to the low ... WOW ....
t.

#107686 - 08/24/06 04:40 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
T42 i have no knowledge of importing samples into a keyboard but i am curious to know more. So the Tyros2 accepts new sounds as long as they are in wav format? Now did u find that sax wav sample on the net? Or do u have to buy such samples? Or did u create it yourself... Im trying to figure out if i do buy a T2 would i be able to actually get high quality sounds off the net to further enhance the T2... And how difficult is it to actually allocate the sample to the T2... Obviously the dimm cards must be installed for all this....sorry 4 asking so many questions... My T1 couldnt do that

Page 13 of 26 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online