SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107627 - 08/22/06 05:17 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Who said we were FRIENDS ?!?!?... seems more like family to me
t.

Tony, you have a unique way at looking at things, I like it.
No I enjoy it,-- it is refreshing.

I’ve decided to be one of your fans.
John C.

#107628 - 08/22/06 05:29 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott , nothing on TV , so I decided to read up on the importing of all these junk products into the USA..Come to think of it ..most of Yamaha junk is coming in from here too..

http://www.made-in-china.com/

#107629 - 08/22/06 05:59 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
"I can't believe I read this whole thing..................................."

Now I'm ready for bed!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#107630 - 08/22/06 06:57 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I decided to read up on the importing of all these junk products into the USA. Come to think of it most of Yamaha junk is coming in from here too. http://www.made-in-china.com/

hmmm . . .

Yamaha Tyros2: Made in Japan
Scott Yee: Born in the USA

In reality: Many of the products made in China are very HIGH quality American brand products simply produced a lot cheaper in China. The simple reason: cheap offshore labor & lower environmental protection standards there. Until America & Western nations wake up & stop the major corporations from moving jobs offshore, hiring cheap (aka slave) labor, the trend will only escalate. For better or worse, Ameria's insatiable appetite for quality goods at cheaper prices than can be produced here will continue. China is quickly emerging now as the world's leading 21st century economic superpower. Ok folks, we'd better start learning how to speak Chinese.

Scott

#107631 - 08/22/06 06:57 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
any of you not thrilled with your T2: want to trade up (like add some cash or other items) for a 3-month old Genesys ProS w/matching sound system and wheeled gig bag?
Miami Mo

hey Miami mo why dont you like the Genesys pro? I thought they were awesome??? explain?
I havnt found one around here yet to even play.....would be interesting to hear your views....

thank you

#107632 - 08/23/06 04:22 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
the simple and honest answer to DNJ original question "does anybody need the T2) is no. neither do they need the psr3000. But these instruments and their features are nice to use. I would bet my PA1X that none of the pro musicians here can demonstrate that their latest trade up keyboard actually made any difference to their earnings capacity as musicians/musical entertainers. ( i must warn you that i welch on bets i lose !! )

Its just personal tastes and preferences that make us choose one instrument over another.

#107633 - 08/23/06 05:59 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

Tony, you have a unique way at looking at things, I like it.
No I enjoy it,-- it is refreshing.
I’ve decided to be one of your fans.
John C.

WOW !!! I've got a FAN ... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You very much ... ...
John, EVERYBODY is FAMILY ... it must be that Italian thing ... ... and maybe that AGE thing ...
t.

#107634 - 08/23/06 06:04 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Scott , nothing on TV , so I decided to read up on the importing of all these junk products into the USA..Come to think of it ..most of Yamaha junk is coming in from here too..

Yamaha junk lmao
is Fran referring just to arrangers here, or also to Yamaha's synths and pianos, what about their Hifi and DVD's, pro audio mixing desks, PA etc...... I think Yamaha make far more products than the likes of Roland, Korg, Ketron..... also if it weren't for the Chinese and Japanese half of the products we use probably wouldn't even exist.
I'm glad the Chinese didn't do the styles for the T2 though, I couldn't handle 400 styles with oriental instruments clanging away I can just imagaine what the Oriental Disco would sound like

#107635 - 08/23/06 06:05 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding4:
I would bet my PA1X that none of the pro musicians here can demonstrate that their latest trade up keyboard actually made any difference to their earnings capacity as musicians/musical entertainers. ( i must warn you that i welch on bets i lose !! )
Its just personal tastes and preferences that make us choose one instrument over another.

spalding4 ... and I would bet my kn6000 that you are right ... except if the new kb allowed them to 'break-down' and 'set-up' faster so that they could squeeze in another one hour afternoon gig ...
From what I've heard around here, most of the players would sound good no matter WHAT kb they were using ... it's just a matter of what fits ....
t.

#107636 - 08/23/06 07:16 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Well guys I agree with Donny at long last.
I don't need my T2 anymore so I've sold it and I now go out gigging everynight with my stylophone. I've had it 30 years so even far sturdier than a G1000
I get 399 gigs a year now (that's 1 less then Donny), I can also do a blinding solo with the paper and comb (great squeak effects), the penny whistle also makes an appearance and I've joined the SMF users club (ahhhhhhhhh). My audience thinks I'm amazing (they're too old to realise the disk is doing all the work and not me)...
Well guys I'm out of here, too many gigs to cope with and no time to post these days, it's great being in demand. You can catch me on my national tour soon VIVA LAS VEGAS!
I'll give Denmark a miss but my CD is already doing well there.
This site has been great for a laugh but I'm off to pastures new, tatty byeeeeeeeeee

Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online