SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 26 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107747 - 08/29/06 03:59 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike send me your tune ..you already recorded it as a SMF..If you want I will record the same tracks less your realtime parts[Sax and trumpet],,I will play the leads the way I think they should sound..

If you don't want to do it this way , I can select a Roland style and record it...but it might be interesting to hear the same style..

Sorry if I offended you , but you did ask for comments. I was offering constructive criticism..

#107748 - 08/29/06 04:18 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

Ian, I'm sorry. I thought you owned a Tyros2 already and gave your "light years ahead" claim based on that presumption.

But the 'allusion' to the "light years ahead" comment is unfounded and I would have to simply call it for what it is: an "illusion".

Best regards,
Mike

So sorry my friend, but I did have a Tyros2 with me for several weeks on my Yamaha sample account.

No "illusion", the T2 is MUCH(or "light years", if you prefer) better at wind voices because of the legato phrasing.

Your recording did not reproduce that type of phrasing which is essential for realistic trumpet, flugelhorn, sax etc.

As I mentioned earlier, the constant re-attacking of the notes is bogus.

As they say,"close, but no cigar."

I can make similar noises on the 3k and save myself the expense of a Tyros1.

No, my friend, I shall wait for the 3k replacement for it surely will have SA voices, and, at a great saving of cash, something, I'm sure, we could all appreciate.

All the best,

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107749 - 08/29/06 04:26 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Fran, ALL the parts are realtime parts. There was no Style used. Each track was recorded separately using the Tyros' sequencer i.e. the Live! Grand Piano part, the Bass part, the Flugel Horn part, etc. hence the term "multi-track" song. >> The Drums part was made using the ModernJazzBld Style, but the accompaniment was not used, just the Drum Brush sound with some Drum embellishment notes added manually.

Fran, I also think you should do an original recording not one that has already been recorded for you even if you do give it your own 'take' on it as you say. You could consider it a 'labor of love' if nothing else. Which is not to say that it wouldn't sound great mind you. The G1000 was considered top-of-the-line in its heyday so I for one am very intrigued as to how it will sound if you do decide to end up making a recording. I realize it might take you a while to get it done but I'm in no hurry.

Btw, no offense taken Fran. I wasn't upset by your comments, just calling you on them.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-29-2006).]

#107750 - 08/29/06 04:35 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Ian.....good informative post, & makes mucho sense to me.....do whats best for you.
3k, T1, T2, Pa1x, Sd-1, G70, G1000, Genesys, Casio, etc, just make music & be happy doin it.

#107751 - 08/29/06 05:29 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Fran,

I, too, would like for you to put up a song done on the G-1000 to see how it compares with the T2, T1 and even the 3k.

How about something that would feature the voices that you think are superior, or the equal of the Yammie sounds, and something that was played entirely by you....not a SMF used as a background.

Something using a style would be fine, if you don't want to multitrack it.

I'll be looking forward to hearing you play solo, and outside of the band situation, which is where I heard you earlier.

Come on...let's hear a good one.

Ian the Curious.

------------------

#107752 - 08/29/06 06:14 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, anyone that listens to the song I posted should do so on a decent sound system with decent speakers otherwise you cannot really hear the intended sounds as they are meant to be heard. In other words, listening to it on cheap (no offense) PC speakers will not do the song justice. You need a good GM sound card like a Sound Blaster Live!/Audigy, etc. and quality PC speakers, or better yet a good quality external sound system.
[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-29-2006).]

FWIW ... I have a Sound Blaster Audigy2 card and logitech Z5500 spkrs hooked up to the PC ...
t.

#107753 - 08/29/06 07:46 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Tony how was it thru your Z5500 system?

#107754 - 08/30/06 09:46 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Fran,
I, too, would like for you to put up a song done on the G-1000 to see how it compares with the T2, T1 and even the 3k.

How about something that would feature the voices that you think are superior, or the equal of the Yammie sounds, and something that was played entirely by you....not a SMF used as a background.

Something using a style would be fine, if you don't want to multitrack it.

I'll be looking forward to hearing you play solo, and outside of the band situation, which is where I heard you earlier.

Come on...let's hear a good one.

Ian the Curious.

Hi Fran.
I agree with Ian, I would love to hear something played live by you or anyone else (no SMF or multitrack) on the G1000.
I still own a G1000 but have to say the T2 is miles ahead of the G1000 IMO. The G1000 is still a great instrument for gigging with but it certainly shows it's age now.

#107755 - 08/30/06 09:49 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Mike, I have to tell you..I am glad I own a Roland..
The sax I thought was terrible, way too low..I think possibly the Tyros2 has to sound better...I know my board does..

Fran,

I'm anxious to hear your recording and compare the G-1000 with the Tyros...and if it is as good as you say it is.

Did you decide not to a solo MIDI?

Ian

------------------

#107756 - 08/30/06 10:07 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Fran,

I'm anxious to hear your recording and compare the G-1000 with the Tyros...and if it is as good as you say it is.

Did you decide not to do a solo MP3?

Ian

Sorry for the extra post...hit the wrong icon.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 08-30-2006).]

Page 20 of 26 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online