Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Mac, you've got your opinions and I've got mine. Yours is valid for you and mine is valid for me. We both need to do what we think is right based on our own experiences. So far, we have steered clear of arguments on this thread and I intend to continue that trend. No point in starting a 'back and forth'; I won't respond. I've already stated my point of view on the matter. If you feel comfortable in the 'new' Republican party, more power to you. I'm sure you'll be most welcome at the next Palin rally or Tea party.

chas

I do not intend to get into an angry back-and-forth either.

However, you make assumptions yet again.

I am a black conservative who also has a somewhat liberal bend on certain subjects. I don't view these things as monolithic nor unilateral.

As such, I am not happy with what EITHER political party has been doing.

Recall that Bush and McCain, among others, tried to ram that Immigration Reform Act down our throats...

It seems that almost everything the miscreants "inside the beltway" manage to come up with is headed down the path of no return.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis