Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
I invite you to visit any general nonprivate hospital and read the sign posted at the ER door, by federal law. It disagrees with that.

Not sure what you mean by "we get a lot more, too."

Yes, people are not turned away from Hospitals for treatment, yet that doesn't solve any problems. My wife is currently an infusion nurse. If patients have good insurance they go to a private practice for their treatments...usually....the ins. co. will allow all recommended treatments. For those without good coverage, they go to the infusion clinic where they are processed as medicare/medicaid patients. Too often these are people who have tried to buy private health insurance, but have been denied or seen their coverage terminated because of various questionable reasons. They won't get the same exact treatment that those with ins. do.

Regarding the guy with the gun at the Obama rally. I usually watch CNN, as opposed to Fox or MSNBC and I remember watching it in the afternoon with Rick Sanchez...So, yes I knew he was a black man. I also know he was in attendance at the preachers sermon the day before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVwfdaYuy1k&feature=related

I've also heard several former secret service personnel agree that threats against the Pres. are up significantly from any previous records.

The videos of the slave images with Obama in chains, among others at recent Tea Parties-especially the DC one, are pretty racist. Other cartoons and images of recent weeks don't reflect well on any of the participants. I also think that some of the RW rhetoric is inflammatory and possibly provoking some part of this behavior.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 09-19-2009).]