What has seemed like a never ending conflict in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine is now escalating again. Israel has been pounded with missiles on and off since 2001 from the Palestinians and now Israel has decided they've had enough and vow to fight "until the bitter end". Unless the Palestinians cease their barrage of rockets into Israel the fighting is going to apparently continue until the rocket fire stops from the Palestinian side, according to government sources in Israel.

This is indeed a sad scenario, and no matter how you look at it, it is a tragedy in the making for both sides. Palestine needs to recognize Israel's right to exist as a Nation, and Israel must do everything in its power to coexist peacefully with the Palestinians. Which is easier said then done, as witnessed by the continual fighting and animosity between them. Please pray for peace in the Middle East and especially now with this current uprising happening between Israel and Palestine.

From what I understand, the president of Palestine is trying to broker peace with Israel but the Hamas in Palestine is trying to hamper and suppress any peace deal. As long as Hamas is in control the situation looks grim for any lasting peace deal. I believe Israel is well aware of that fact and has ultimately had to resort to force to try and subdue Hamas' influence in the region which is resulting in this blood bath. Israel has the right to defend themselves of course, but this blood bath could have been averted in the first place if Hamas hadn't perpetrated the violence to begin with by firing the rockets into Israel near the Gaza strip region. Hopefully it will be resolved between the two of them quickly and peace will be restored to the region. Lasting peace is my hope too, instead of the temporary cease fires and so called truces we have witnessed on an ongoing basis for years between the two of them.

All the best,
Mike