Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Given the state of our country at this time (economic chaos and two wars), shouldn't we be sending ANY new fairly-elected president our best wishes and get solidly behind him in straightening out the awful mess this current administration has left us in. Hanging on to your old predjudices to your own detriment just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Isn't it time to step up and just be better than that. Despite electing an African-American, it's clear that you STILL only need scratch the surface to get to the ugly underbelly. Guess we still have a ways to go. Sad. Maybe after all the 'righteous' among us have departed for Costa Rica (and Godspeed), we can began to heal as a nation (that IS what we want, right?) and start to feel good about ourselves and ALL of our fellow citizens.

I'm a liberal, but like Rory, I'll reserve judgement on Obama until AFTER he's been given a chance to suceed. God Bless America and all the brave people of good will and good conscience who were willing to break precedent and give him a chance.

chas

chas ... I also applaud the fact that Americans were willing to put color aside when voting ... I ASSURE you, when I voted for McCain, I was voting against the "most liberal Senator" in the country and the Far Left that vigorously supports him. ... I do not apologize for disagreeing with some of Obama's ideology ...
Apparently, most of America got past the color line, perhaps it is time for others to do so also ...

To me, the MOST disturbing thing about this election is the fact there are more Democrats in Congress, but fortunately, not the number they wanted ...

It amazes me that the Republican Party did not talk more about the fact that it is the Democrats who are responsible for the Freddie and Fannie mess, and while there were serious problems prior to, we REALLY started to get into a deeper and deeper hole after the election of a Democrat Congress two years ago - or perhaps the liberal media just didn't allow it to be publicized !!!

And being a believer in the power of Prayer, I will pray that there will be enough people with good common sense, regardless of political affiliation, to get us out of the mess we are in ...

t.