I think it would sell..... I agree that one of the main reasons the board did so well when it was first released was because of all the features in had along with a low price tag. I look at it like this. Yamaha, like most makers has its top line and bottom line keyboards. What's nice is how Yamaha makes the so to say more affordable version of their upperline models. If someone likes all the features of the PSR-2000 but doesn't need all of them they have the option of the PSR-1000 which is much cheaper and still has many of the good features from it's big brother. It was like that with the PSR 740 and 640. Now after the PSR-2000 the prices on the upperline start to go WAY up. It could be this way with the DJX. They could make the lower end DJX for those who just want an affordable keyboard for dance music, and they could market a pro version for those who want to use it in the studio and on stage and in clubs. I see it like this..... Granted the upper model arranger keyboards are good, I don't think ANY of them come close to the style capabilities of the DJX.... What I mean is that the styles and the sounds on all the other arrangers aren't geared towards dance, techno, and drums&bass, but they were on the DJX.. The DJX was designed specifically for dance, techno and so forth.. Yamaha really put some effort into making a low cost keyboard that had current styles, and in my opinion they did quite well. There are a lot of people who say negative things about the DJX, but have never even tried it out. How many people out there know that several of the styles that are on the PSR-740 were taken from the DJX??? They sound better on the DJX because the DJX has a completely different voice set though. Even my PSR-550 has a few styles that were taken from the DJX. I think if Yamaha made a pro version of this keyboard and upgraded its features it would sell. Also look how disappointed people were when the new DJXII was released.. Yamaha kinda took a step back with that one. They may have added a few features, but they dropped some of the important ones. So many of us thought the PSR-9000 wouldn't sell because of the huge price tag, but look at it now. People love this keyboard. So what did Yamaha do... They released a lighter professional version of the thing and it too is a big seller. Yamaha can only benefit from making a pro DJX.....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.