What you use is not important , it's how you use it . Things like sound quality DON'T matter . Most people who sample use effects to mangle or change the sound . Analogue synthesizers are old and there sound is not anything like a sample or sample quality . Yet they are an industry standard and always will be . Take the TB-303 for instance , I remember when they came out , I was 12 then . They were a joke and they did not sell well at all and by 1986 the music stores could not give them away . Yet in the 90s they became an ACID sound standard and everyone had to have one . People paid $1000.00 for those things because they were not smart enough to realize that you could get that same sound on any ROLAND SH model and the earlier JUNO models . I've heard people that sound like shit with a KORG KARMA and I've heard people that sound great with a YAMAHA CS-01 . Anyone that tells you that what you use is important , obviously knows nothing . It's how you use what you got . If you have a DJX , then use it and do the best you can . I sample rhythms from my old CASIO analog keyboards and then totally mangle them in RECYCLE and METASYNTH and ring modulators and people want to buy these rhythms when I'm done with them . Just use what you have and enjoy it !