Another two cents..

Being what feels like the only DJXII-B owner around, I think I have to stick up for 'the box':

Like Rice and the others said, you have to look at the cost versus what you get, and also how you, the individual, use it. For $199US, you get quite an amazing box, I think. On the DJXII-B, you get 180 voices and about 20 different drum kits, plus some great effects all in a neat little box! Show me another sound module for that price that does all that. Plus, even though it's a little tricky, you can make your own patterns and play them back on the DJXII-B, while playing a MIDI keyboard thru it (I've done it). Pretty neat, I think. And the scratch CD is alot of fun. Using the effects I've gotten some pretty cool tones out of it. Plus, it's great to throw some scratches into a song with when playing covers in a band (especially since alot of bands these days seem to be sticking DJ's in the background).
I will admit, I wasn't that impressed with the DJXII keyboard. But, don't bash it's forgotten brother until you give it a try. I think if you got an orginal DJX and connected it to a DJXII-B, it wouldn't be half bad.
Is it a toy? Maybe, but aren't they all just 'toys'? What defines 'professional keyboard'? Do I need to spend over $1000? $1500? When you get a chance, look up a guy named 'Wesley Willis'. This dude has recorded hundreds of songs, goes on tours, and has several albums out. And he did it all with what sounds like a Casio keyboard! Granted, it's not always the greatest, but most of his songs kick ass and are really funny (Check out "Suck a Caribou's Ass")! Music is in the ears of the beholder. If some kid playing a plastic bucket can make it into a Madonna video...

Anyway, next time your looking for an inexpensive sound module, check out the DJXII-B.

Later,
DJ Billabong