Mike,

Since you are criticizing the current issue of the "techplus club" magazine from your perspective as a former magazine editor, I would like to offer an opinion in support of the magazine from a different perspective - that of a beginning keyboard player and retired person.

Like Marilyn, I have been a subscriber for a few years now. I have found the magazine to be a source of accurate and useful information that has enabled me to learn how to operate and apply the many features of my KN6000 to my music. I am also a subscriber to Keyboard Player magazine and Organ and Keyboard Cavalcade magazine. Without a doubt (in my opinion), the Technote product is far superior to the others in terms of content and presentation.

Like you, I noted the glitch in the Alec Pagida article summarizing the Frankfurt Music Messe, but that is the first instance in my memory of such a glaring error by the editors. In my view, the error does not detract from the overall quality of the current issue.

Personally, I have no interest in articles detailing the biography of so-called "celebrity" musicians. However, I am well aware that many subscribers want to read about their background and accomplishments, thus the editors cater to that need as well. I just turn the page and read on.

While you may be a computer whiz and keyboard guru, there are those of us who are not. I suspect there are many levels of instruction required to meet the needs of everyone from the raw beginner to the expert, and I believe Technote is trying to meet those needs. Hence, the saving to disk article is for me and others like me even though you obviously do not need such instruction.

A cynical and righteous review of the magazine is hardly constructive and for me, not helpful or appreciated. I like the magazine just as it is. One can always unsubscribe if one is so unhappy with the product.

Chuck