I subscribed to this magazine some years ago, but didn't renew my subs because of the poor quality of the contents. I recently re-subscribed, thinking that things might have improved in the meantime. However, it is still very little value for Technics owners. I have just received the Apr/May issue and the following is a summary:

Pages 4 & 5 "News Update" - not much "news" here. We already know about the "book" and the "video", thank you. As for the "coathanger" music rest bit, this has been kicking around for years!
Pages 6 & 7 Two pages of advertising for Phillips - I hope they paid for this.
Pages 8,9,10 "Sight reading/playing by ear" - mildly interesting, but just a re-hash of stuff I read years ago!
Pages 11 & 12 = another advert!
Pages 13, 14, 15 - oh no, not more "what to do with MIDI files"
Pages 16-19 - "Taking Notes" - of mild interest, but do we need all the pics of various wheels, etc. And just what is the pic on page 18 supposed to be?
Pages 20 & 21 - Do we REALLY need another FIVE pics of Nicholas Martin - yes they fill the pages!!
Pages 22 $ 23 - supposed to be a "full review" of the Frankfurt Musik Messe, but what happened to the text. Does no-one ever proof read this stuff?
Pages 24 & 25 - I don't believe it. Two whole pages on saving to disk - really!!
Pages 26 & 27 - another advert with not one but two pics of the CD case. This item could have been covered in about half a column, not two pages.
Need I go any further. The remaining pages are hardly any better, with stuff which can easily be gleaned from the User's Manual, etc. What do other readers think? Incidentally, I did think of posting this to the Technote forum, but I doubt if it would have been allowed.
Mike O'R
p.s. I DO know something of the subject, having edited a computer magazine for nine years.