Hi Paul, I have had some experiene with customs. I sent my memorymoog to Germany to have the Lintronics mod done to it and it came back on 9/11. Customs lost it and I had to do some proactive stuff to avoid it being shipped back to Germany. But I had a lot of numbers etc., to help.
The Israel transaction was discussed on the analogue mail list some time ago. I don't know if you are the guy that initiated the discussion or if you are the next guy this person went on to, but my recollection of the discussion was that the sellers price, his unwillingness to accomodate the buyer and his unwillingness to enter into escrow led folks to conclude it was a scam. My view is that they are probably right although I hope not. However, all my prevoius customs hassles were 10 days at the most.
Regarding the Voyager it is far more than a minimoog. It has 2 modulation buses that allow for many modulation sources and destination routings--some on the panel and some through the OS. It also has very many cv and gate ins allowing for additional control voltage modulation of many destinations. I have been using mine as a modular (with the aid of a moogerfooger cp 251 control processor) and it sounds fantastic--sort of like getting a new moog modular. And I don't have to tell you what those cost. So while I agree with many of the posters here that later moog products from the original company were overrated (after Bob left in 1978 particularly) this Voyager has beeen marvelous and I have no complaints about the value. Someone who bought it just for leads and basses might, but even then its a quality deal, I think.