Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Diki
Time to migrate all these complex editing arranger functions (style creation and editing, voice editing, sample editing, multipad creation etc) to a nice big computer screen…

This is the 21st century, isn’t it? 😂🎹

....and yet, I can monitor my heart rate, track most of my physical activities, monitor my sleep patterns, call or text my buddy half way around the world, schedule (and be notified of) my appointments, pay for my in-store purchases, and oh yeah, tell the time, ALL ON A DEVICE ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER (tucked away neatly on my wrist). Seems to me the FUTURE is trending towards miniaturization (with it's corresponding efficiency, energy saving, and convenience). Time to realize that every 'brilliant' idea may be right for you but not necessarily right for everyone. Every person has his/her own desired workflow. Some people actually prefer doing everything within the unit and see all the back-and-forth between the instrument and the computer as more 'burdensome' and unnecessarily complex (not to mention requiring an extra piece of expensive equipment and a certain level of expertise on that equipment). Even those that opt for the computer approach STILL like having the option of the on-board features.

Whoops, my smart watch just reminded me that I've been sitting at this computer too long....time to get up and stretch smile smile smile.

chas

It depends on what you want to do as to the size of screen you need; using a DAW on a watch is pointless just monitoring heart rate on a big screen is overkill.
Best option for an arranger (And many manufactures provide facility’s for this) is a Tablet that can be used in conjunction with the on-board screen. (It also allows you to choose what size tablet you want)

Bill