I like to time my gearlust to the ACTUAL shipping of a product!

But, the truth is, I can make great music with the same arranger I’ve used for a decade. Push comes to shove I can make great music with the arranger I used for the previous decade!

Perhaps we should focus on what new features an arranger has that we are likely to use on a daily basis? What’s it got that makes you say ‘Damn! That’s what I’ve wanted for years!’. Because if there isn’t one, well, what’s the point..?

One thing I’d say about moving from a Genos to an Event is, how much use do you make of legacy styles (styles that didn’t come with your Genos)? The Event’s reliance on great sounding audio Parts is going to make old styles sound a bit less impressive than the included ROM styles. If you’ve been completely satisfied by the Genos’s ROM styles and haven’t tried to use older or third party styles, the Event might be all you need. But if you’ve fleshed out your ROM styles by importing older or third party styles, you may find that more difficult with an Event.

It’s a question all arranger players need to ask before changing to an expensive new model… Am I lusting after this because I’m tired of my styles, or does the new arranger do stuff I really, really would use all the time? 🎹