MIDI Solutions actually makes an F8 version of their footswitch controller, which could instantly access any of EIGHT preset performances, and still return to a default one upon release. With more footswitches it could be tricky to step on the correct one in the "heat of battle." Plus, all I'm looking to do is to create two momentary "shift registers" which enable slash chords or alternately, open chords. That requires two footswitches for the BK-9 (or just one for a top-end Casio which natively recognizes open fifths, or the FP-80.)

A system based on Perf Up-Down could work with three performances in the list. Performance 002 would be the default. But an accidental double-tap could be disaster! Does the performance list "wrap?" i.e., If I have three performances in the list and I try to go "down" from Performance 001, does it just stay on 001, or does it go to Performance 003?

I've scoured the web for years, and unfortunately NO, the pedal you describe doesn't exist. But it could, and it should!! It would have to have some customizable delays, debounce interval, etc., to work for a variety of users and keyboards. I'm a very thorough person and I followed that bread crumb trail to its end. The consensus is that I need to take my requirements to the engineering department of a local college. I came very close to achieving the same "toggle to momentary" functionality by marrying the MIDI Solutions Footswitch Controller to the MIDI Solutions Relay (I got it working for Bass Inv.) But- this still only gives me ONE momentary function, and I need two. Also, Arranger Type (Intelligent / Standard) is NOT selectable via footswitch. It HAS to be embedded in a Performance or OTS.

Even if I were to use Perf Up-Down, that really just puts me back to where I am now. If the I allow the Performances to change anything other than Bass Inv or Arranger Type, they would have to be strategically arranged in the proper sequence for every song. I would lose the ability to practice/play a brand-new song containing any type of chord on sight, using a consistent interface. That's what my custom performance "masks" will allow me to do.

Other than the scrolling and selecting a styles when I want to play the next song, I'm not sure that setting up custom styles/OTS is really more effort than custom Performances. I'm determined to try it for a few songs and see how it goes!

Edited by TedS (10/30/21 06:31 PM)