Sorry to hear about your home problems…!

Personally, I don’t use the Favorite Tones much in my solo, but it’s really handy when jamming with others. Be aware, though, you can only use ROM Tones with their ROM MFX. If you find yourself always tweaking a Tone in a Performance (say a different MFX or a shorter release or different EQ) you can’t store the edited Tone in the Favorites. Shame…

Solo, it just makes sense to completely set up each tune without any holds, but start from a template Performance with all the parameters set the way I generally like. That way, when I have the occasional setup I need to be different from my usual settings, I don’t need to go and disable my holds before I can call it up, then call up another with the parameters back to normal before I reengage the holds.

If you are sure you will NEVER change a hold, OK, maybe, but honestly, why use them at all, just start from a template Performance…

One thing I’ve learned about the ‘progress’ of arrangers is, never EXPECT a feature from a different line (or the previous line!) to make it to the next one! There are so many different ways to skin a cat that each one of our personal favorite features is the one thing that bugs another! And there often doesn’t seem to be much continuity in some manufacturers’ design teams. For the Chord Sequencer (a Roland invention) to have disappeared from the line (after the G1000) through the entire V/VA/G/E series, only to make a brief reappearance in the BK-9 alone and to disappear again with the EA7 doesn’t seem to indicate any continuity at all!

All we can do is roll up our sleeves and find workarounds. Fortunately, you usually can with a bit of ingenuity (I like your dual f/s idea), but sometimes it works out better to reevaluate your entire workflow and see if it’s easier for us to change than the arranger! I railed against the loss of the touch screen for ages, but once I decided that, seeing as my Performance List slots jumped from 128 to 999, simply taking care of all the changes I was making using the screen by moving to a different Performance, I found I was doing a fraction of the work I used to have to do while trying to play at the same time, and now I seldom miss the touch screen.

It’s nice when our arrangers are flexible. But even better when we are! 🎹😎