I might finally be ready to roll up my sleeves and experiment with Performance Lists and Performances on the BK-9. I am prepared for extreme frustration! I've seen folks swear that there are unresolved bugs which prevent things from saving or being recalled as intended, and that sounds pretty scary! I have the manual. However, is there a good step-by-step tutorial to setting up performance parameters, using the "lock" or "hold," or whatever it's called to retain certain settings, etc.?

I'm not big on effects. The main things I plan to change with the performances are: style and variation (including user styles); tempo, volume level and mute status of style parts; RH voices, melody intelligence. MAYBE touch-sensitivity. Occasionally I might want to change the status of Bass Inversion and split point (although it might make more sense to "lock" these.) Perhaps also the "Arranger Hold" parameter, and the status of Sync Start. One thing I would like to "lock" permanently are the functions of the D-Beam and assignable switches. So far the assignable switches keep reverting back to some kind of default setting, hence this post!

Trying to benefit from the collective wisdom here. If you know of a good tutorial (either in print or on YouTube, etc.), please post a link! Thanks!!