Sounds good Bernie but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" has to be part of the equation as well. In other words, make sure your new approach is an addition, not a replacement. I think it's great to strive for self-improvement, set new (musical) goals, and do whatever is necessary to keep those creative juices flowing; however, it's also important to keep those 'dance with the one what brung you' chops in ready mode. The older we get, the easier and quicker it is for our playing chops to erode...at least that's the case with me. With the exception of my organ, I find it harder to smoothly operate the equipment and remember performance details for tunes that I haven't played in awhile (age will catch up to you). I personally try to minimize this by pretty much just sticking to organ and using the other intruments for adding boring, awkward, ill-conceived, cliche-ridden, solos on top smile. Works for me smile.

I've rambled on to the point that I don't remember the point I was trying to make....maybe it was -- Bernie, you've been pretty sucessful doing what you do so far; be creative, try new things, but don't let (Covid-19 induced) boredom seduce you into abandoning what has worked so well for you in the past. Now I'm rambling.

chas