Like most of us here, I haven't played a live job since February.

Likewise, my studio work, which used to involve up to 30 hours straight in a room filled with corporate types (the sponsor/producer),engineer(s), film editors, corporate lawyers, Marketing people, all involved in editing on the fly, and recording the track to match... that's all gone, too! I refuse to be in a room for any length of time with a collection of people who are out in the public.

But, what's left is the traditional score work where I get the film edit and write to a completely edited film, send the track to whomever, get it back for final changes, send to off and wait for the check or wire transfer.

The resulting work doesn't pay as much and isn't the precise production I have always done. Many times doing it the old "top shelf" way, I had a lot of input into the edit; sometimes doing re-writers to make things run smoothly or be more effective.

The point is, there is still work out there; it has just evolved.....AGAIN!

Then, I have my house jobs; films for my direct clients where I write, produce, record tracks, do final edits and post on sites I create. There are 20-30 of those scheduled for the balance of the year.

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I miss live play a little.

Whatever happens in the future, I'm so grateful for what I have been able to be involved with, and will "hang in there" as long as I can.

Here's hoping the best for EVERYONE here!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (02/19/21 11:10 AM)