John, how right you are. It seems that I have blinders on for a long time. I had a routine of preparing for a job, coming home and noting how songs could be improved, but not seeing the big picture. I was content to sit behind a keyboard playing my styles for hundreds of tunes, always with an active left hand. That is fine for passive dinner jobs, but I knew I could be more. Vocals, I thought, were needed at some venues but I never learned to comp properly, so turned to backing tracks or left hand chording. This turned into hosting my own Karaoke show every Wednesday for fifteen years with 15-20 singers. Up until Covid-19, I lead the weekly dance at our large cultural Center with vocal and instrumental solos thrown in. NH's were also in my schedule.

At present, I see that the broad swath of material I have been laboring under, diffused my efforts to improve, I have decided that I will mainly use the hundred or so memorized songs for the style playing, sing and play over my best sixty backing tracks, and add my DM48 wind controller, out in front, with my wireless setup.

Sorry for my rambling.