Originally Posted By DonM
Chas, just pick up the phone and order a new one! smile

I wish it were that simple. I'd gladly pay for an exact duplicate but that's no longer possible as it's been replaced by the Legend (distributed and supported by Viscount). My experience with the Legend Exp (which 'they' claim has the same 'engine' as the console and is a replacement/upgrade to the Mk111) makes me unwilling to buy a Legend until I'm able to play one for myself. My problem is that I have no idea who can or will service it. I'll start putting out feelers tomorrow. Best scenario; if a local tech could talk to KeyB (Italy) and fix it locally (it ain't exactly lightweight smile ).

As to Tony's question, " what are you playing for your own enjoyment? ... and what about rehearsing with the group? ". I have plenty of keyboards to keep me entertained; Crumar SEVEN (Rhodes clone), Studiologic NC2x (utility keyboard), Fantom G7 (not the new one but still a TOTL WS), 3 controller KB's for VST's and modules (49//61/76), Triton, Motif ES, PA1x pro, Tyros 2, BK7m, VP770, Nord C1/Legend Exp, and a host of other modules, voice processors, fx processors, and outboard gear. Since I don't use some of them very frequently, my main problem is remembering how to operate them all. Old age is not helping.

As for rehearsing, I have a rehearsal room separate from my studio which has room to set up drums and accommodate more musicians. That's where my organ (KeyB) resides, along with my VP770 and BK7m. So far since the organ fail, it's only been Bob (guitar) and Cordell (sax) so we just play in the studio. We play a lot of 'Grover Washington' so I mostly play the SEVEN (although I'm no Richard Tee smile ). Gotta' get off my butt and get my sweetie fixed. Sad, sad, sad.

chas