Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Morning, Fellow Arranger Zoners:

I took the time to listen to all of your song-posts of this now classic Christmas Hymn. I know, it is not a Hymn in the minds of many... but sung as such, it is heart rendering.

We have a choir at our little Methodist Church here in West Mayberry... and it includes a lady vocalist who has the ability to bring this song to life... and the audience to tears. I don't have audio or video to share but I wish I could.

Thank you all for posting. I hope we can all put aside our tiny differences for a few days and let the message of "Mary Did You Know" sink in. Collectively, you are such a unique group, mostly Arranger Performers... and I would be saddened to see this website sink into smugness like so many music sites have done... and now have disappeared.

Olive Branches all around.

Merry Christmas... ----Dave

HEAR HEAR Dave! Thanks for the comment and for listening to all our renditions! It's a beautiful melody and though it has a simple chord structure (less is more!), the melody, chords and lyrics can sure stir the emotions. So happy to hear the church group is using this song too! Happy holidays!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"